Home
Posted By: Pappy348 Starline Rifle Brass - 06/13/17
Anyone try this yet?

How's it compare for runout, weight, etc to the other brands.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/13/17
I'm using it 45-90. I think it's good stuff.
Posted By: Llama_Bob Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/13/17
Originally Posted by Bugger
I'm using it 45-90. I think it's good stuff.

I likewise use their .45-90 (and .45-70). So far, so good. Weight seems to be +- about 1 grain, which is perfectly fine for a cartridge that take 60gr of powder and has completely un-aerodynamic bullets. Never noticed any sort of runout issue after sizing.
Posted By: obie458 Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/14/17
I got some 338 federal brass. Looks to be every bit as good as the federal brand. I've only loaded new starline brass so far but results appear to be about the same with starline and federal brass. Good stuff at a decent price.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/14/17
I have 50 pieces of 45-70 brass. Appears to be as good as any other brass i have messed with. Consistent lengths and weights right from packaging.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/14/17
My bad.

I should have specified rifle brass for bottleneck cartridges. I've used their brass for revolver rounds and the .45/70 with perfect satisfaction.
Posted By: GunTruck50 Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/14/17

Excellent 30 carbine brass, I purchased 500 about 18 months ago. Have loaded and shoot about 100 rounds.
No problems.
Posted By: Skatchewan Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/18/17
There is an article on this in the latest issue of Handloader. Pick a copy up. Sounds like good stuff, and they provide brass to many ammunition manufacturers.
Posted By: szihn Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/18/17
I love Star line.

I want them to make 404 Jeffery.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/19/17
Originally Posted by Skatchewan
There is an article on this in the latest issue of Handloader. Pick a copy up. Sounds like good stuff, and they provide brass to many ammunition manufacturers.

I saw that (I'm an e-subsciber). Might try some, but I think I may have enough .243 brass to wear out the barrel on my current rifle, and enough .308 for a couple. .223 is what I would most likely try, when it comes.
Posted By: jwall Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/20/17
Pappy

Thnx for this thread. I have a few 100 9mm Nickel brass. It's good stuff.

OTOH I haven't used any B N rifle brass by them. Good to know that it's good too.
Thnx

Jerry
Posted By: 1234 Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/20/17
what calibers are presently available?

Ed
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/20/17
Originally Posted by 1234
what calibers are presently available?

Ed

Not many rifle calibers, but a lot of hard to find pistol cases as well as common calibers. here is a full list of currently made brass:

https://www.starlinebrass.com/order-online/
Posted By: Huntz Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/21/17
I use their 32/20 brass,plus a bunch of pistol and revolver brass.Good stuff.
Posted By: CMH Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/21/17
I've been using their straightwall stuff for years. I picked up some of the 308 when I saw it was available. I don't have a lot of loadings on them yet but so far I have no complaints at all. Started out very uniform and have had good results. If they hold up like they should I will be just as happy with the 308's as I have been with the various straightwalled cases over the years.
Posted By: mathman Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/21/17
Originally Posted by CMH
I've been using their straightwall stuff for years. I picked up some of the 308 when I saw it was available. I don't have a lot of loadings on them yet but so far I have no complaints at all. Started out very uniform and have had good results. If they hold up like they should I will be just as happy with the 308's as I have been with the various straightwalled cases over the years.

Uniform in length? Uniform in weight? Uniform neck walls?
Posted By: CMH Re: Starline Rifle Brass - 06/21/17
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by CMH

Uniform in length? Uniform in weight? Uniform neck walls?

Weight and length.
© 24hourcampfire