Home
Should I anneal virgin Lapau brass?
No
Comes annealed.... Don't start worrying until you get to the 3rd or 4th firing...
Nope. That discoloration around the shoulder and neck area shows it's already been annealed at the factory.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Nope. That discoloration around the shoulder and neck area shows it's already been annealed at the factory.

This!
I had a bad batch of Lapua 9.3X62 that had split necks after 1-2 firings. They were awesome about sending me a new boxes but the first batch was certainly hard even though they had the discolored necks. I don't think it could hurt to anneal them anyway.
Thx wanted to co firm.
Originally Posted by djb
I had a bad batch of Lapua 9.3X62 that had split necks after 1-2 firings. They were awesome about sending me a new boxes but the first batch was certainly hard even though they had the discolored necks. I don't think it could hurt to anneal them anyway.

What you are describing was most likely a taper and trim problem the cup in the draw did not leave enough meat to trim defective necks and they projected down far enough to cause failure earlier. 😉
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by djb

What you are describing was most likely a taper and trim problem the cup in the draw did not leave enough meat to trim defective necks and they projected down far enough to cause failure earlier. 😉

Not sure. The splits were on the shoulder not actually the neck. Here is a link to my thread a while ago.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9480106/1
© 24hourcampfire