Home
Posted By: hatari 9.3 Cutting Edge Raptor bullets - 09/13/17
Anybody try them?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/9...r-255-grain-hollow-point-brass-box-of-50
Not personally, but I know some who have. Excellent bullet. I believe it can be turned around and loaded as a solid also.
I'm getting ready to load some of the Cutting Edge Safari Solids
The lightish .357 pistol bullets are my project after this hunting season. I use them in a single shot rifle and the tech I spoke with said that the some of the black tips from larger rifle calibers would fit. I lightweight, tipped mono might be a fun addition to the little rifle my boys use.
I've only tried the 210-grain CE Raptor in my 9.3x62. It shot pretty well at 2850 fps, but so far I haven't hunted with it, though my wife and I have taken some game with other Raptors. They work very well.
that bullet in 255 grains like the woodleigh solid Hydro 286 grains didnt feed very well in my rifle.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've only tried the 210-grain CE Raptor in my 9.3x62. It shot pretty well at 2850 fps, but so far I haven't hunted with it, though my wife and I have taken some game with other Raptors. They work very well.

What powder did it like?
Reloder 15
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Reloder 15

Good one for me as well.
Originally Posted by yukonphil
that bullet in 255 grains like the woodleigh solid Hydro 286 grains didnt feed very well in my rifle.

Its not the bullets fault if they don't feed properly....its the manufacture or builder of the rifle...if a gunsmith tells you that you should use a different bullet that will feed move down the road and find one that will get bullets to feed properly....a action should feed a cylinder shaped bullet if properly tuned...

I have a Winchester 70 in 9.3 B&M with 20" barrel and 200gr. Flat Base Raptor I get 2908 FPS....I like the 200 gr.FB better than the 210 gr Raptor it shoots little better out past 200 yards and flatter....

Just missed there Fall Sale 20% off and Free shipping.....next sale will be Black Friday 30% off and free shipping....

From 22 centerfires to my 50 B&M all I use is Cutting Edge Bullets for hunting....there's no bullet made that will compare to them....
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

Its not the bullets fault if they don't feed properly....its the manufacture or builder of the rifle...if a gunsmith tells you that you should use a different bullet that will feed move down the road and find one that will get bullets to feed properly....a action should feed a cylinder shaped bullet if properly tuned...

I have a Winchester 70 in 9.3 B&M with 20" barrel and 200gr. Flat Base Raptor I get 2908 FPS....I like the 200 gr.FB better than the 210 gr Raptor it shoots little better out past 200 yards and flatter....

Just missed there Fall Sale 20% off and Free shipping.....next sale will be Black Friday 30% off and free shipping....

From 22 centerfires to my 50 B&M all I use is Cutting Edge Bullets for hunting....there's no bullet made that will compare to them....

you may be right but then why woodleigh is bringing now them with a plastic tip .....

they do not have (wood leigh and and cutting edge) the same shape as regular bullets ...

so far for the 9.3x62 i do not need those bullets for my hunting, it was just test ...
Why bother when the 250 gr X, let alone TSX, will deliver? At least that is my experience.
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

you may be right but then why woodleigh is bringing now them with a plastic tip .....

they do not have (wood leigh and and cutting edge) the same shape as regular bullets ...

so far for the 9.3x62 i do not need those bullets for my hunting, it was just test ...

Plastic tip bullets are the norm now....they help a little in BC and are less prone to damage in a magazine under recoil....there's very few bullets manufactures that don't have them in there line up....

CEB solids were developed in the shape they are in from a lot of testing in ballistic media in a lab before even one was put threw the hide of a animal....they will go deeper in a straight line and do more trauma that any other bullet....

I'am a firm believer in CEB solids for a second shot on big game especially if in heavy cover....more than likely your going to be shooting at a animals south end going north....you need a bullet that will penetrate deep to reach vitals...all expanding bullets will open or will be deflected on the smallest twig not go very deep if making it to the animal at all....
Not to hi jack.
But what about these. I never heard of these.
http://www.brenneke-ammunition.de/en/rifle-ammunition/tug/
They are very good bullets. RWS components and hard to find.
© 24hourcampfire