Home
I was wondering what others make of Nosler' s data for this cartridge and bullet combination. Nothing about this bullet gives me the impression that it would give uncommonly high pressure. However when going from any 180 Nosler bullet to the 190 ABLR the maximum charge of H4350 drops by 3 grains (56.5 grains vs 53.5). In looking at other similar changes of bullet weight 1 grain difference in charge weight seems more typical. I'm wondering why there is such a difference in this case.
I'm no gun writer but I suspect, the longer sleeker bullet needs to be seated deeper to fit in a standard magazine box.
You may want to compare the bullet length to the 180 or look at load density with each.
Checking load density is a good idea that I hadn't considered. I just checked since you suggested it and it's at 94% for the 180s and only 90% for the 190s. No doubt the 190 is longer but the case hasn't run out of room for powder. It is a curious situation.
I would just work up until I was at around 2700fps (assuming a 23-24" bbl) and call it good. H4350 should deliver that speed without undue pressures.
I've been considering that.
You might try some H-4831 if you have it.I tried Mule Deer's 30-06 load of 59.0grs for 200gr Nosler Partion using a Nosler 200gr Accubond instead.It shot under 1/2" group at a 100yds with a velocity of 2650fps.
Is this load for Elk or Moose? I shoot 150’s, but I hunt Whitetails, 200 lb is a big one.
The 190 LR Accubond may simply result in more pressure than other bullets, or the lighter charge of H4350 might be due to case capacity problems with longer bullets. I have no idea, but Nosler lumps data for all bullets of the same approximate weight together, and if one of the bullets results in higher pressures, then that's the data they publish.

You might call and ask them.
© 24hourcampfire