Home
Posted By: powdr John and Eileen - 11/22/17
John, I'd like to take this time to wish you and Eileen a Happy Thanksgiving. You all have provided a tremendous service to the "Fire". Your always honest and tireless answers to questions and Eileen's service thru her cook books and hunting adventures. I imagine there are recipes of hers being cooked for tomorrows celebration. Anyway, there's no way one can measure the positive influence you two have made on the "Fire". powdr
Posted By: Bugger Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
^^^^
Posted By: barm Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
Originally Posted by powdr
John, I'd like to take this time to wish you and Eileen a Happy Thanksgiving. You all have provided a tremendous service to the "Fire". Your always honest and tireless answers to questions and Eileen's service thru her cook books and hunting adventures. I imagine there are recipes of hers being cooked for tomorrows celebration. Anyway, there's no way one can measure the positive influence you two have made on the "Fire". powdr

Agreed.
Posted By: 340boy Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
Great post, OP. John and Eileen are great to have around. Here, and in print also.
Posted By: kandpand Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
John and Eileen,

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving
Posted By: super T Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
Yes, indeed. Happy Thanksgiving.
Posted By: Seafire Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
Amen!

John and Eilleen, all the best for a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...
Posted By: kududude Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17

Hey Rooms,

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours.

kd and Ol' Deadeye
Posted By: shootinurse Re: John and Eileen - 11/22/17
Well stated, powdr.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Thanks, everybody! Hope you all have a great and safe Thanksgiving too--especially my old roommate kududude and his "roommate." Hope you both are doing well.
Posted By: powdr Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
OK, who's this kududude you've got a man crush on? powdr
Posted By: djs Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Posted By: Skatchewan Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by powdr

Agreed!!!!! You have also graciously helped through Facebook PM as well. I appreciate your time.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Happy Thanksgiving

Mike
Posted By: BigSkyGuy Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Here here!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Todd
Posted By: luv2safari Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Have a great day tomorrow, John and Eileen.

powdr,

I know who he is, but a bribe of a Ferlacher sidelock drilling couldn't drag it out of me. whistle

To kudude and Mrs. KD, my wishes for a fine and peaceful holiday to you both.
Posted By: Ruger77Shooter Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Haven't been around as most on here, but thoroughly enjoy John's posts. Haven't had the opportunity to try Mrs. Eileen's recipes, but it is on my bucket list and hope it happens sooner rather than later.

May God bless all, as we have so much to be thankful for. Eddie
Posted By: kududude Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Have a great day tomorrow, John and Eileen.

powdr,

I know who he is, but a bribe of a Ferlacher sidelock drilling couldn't drag it out of me. whistle

To kudude and Mrs. KD, my wishes for a fine and peaceful holiday to you both.

Friend Bruce,

And our sincere wishes that you, your lovely bride and Owen (and puppies) have a GREAT Thanksgiving.

kd

Posted By: bowmanh Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Thanks John and Eileen! Have a great Thanksgiving.
Posted By: AMRA Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Happy Thanksgiving.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: John and Eileen - 11/23/17
Happy Thanksgiving to Mr & Mrs Mule Deer and all here on the Fire.
Posted By: 7mm_Tortilla Re: John and Eileen - 11/27/17
I have learned a lot from this forum, especially from John and like everyone else I am thankful for his contributions. What I want to know, MD, is did you eat wild or domestic game on Thanksgiving Day?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: John and Eileen - 11/27/17
We have wild game for Thanskgiving quite often, but this year we cooked a domestic turkey, since due to unfortunate circumstances we didn't get to go turkey hunting this spring, and didn't have a wild one left in the freezer.

A few years ago we started a new "tradition" at our house. Thanksgiving week is the last of Montana's 5-week rifle season for deer and elk, and by then we've been hunting since at least early September. We're getting a little weary, and while we may go out Monday and Tuesday, we don't like to fight the crush of last-minute hunters that normally occurs from Wednesday through the weekend. Instead we're ready to take it relatively easy, or at least as easy as two obsessive-compulsive people can.

So we cook Thanksgiving dinner on Monday afternoon, keeping it simple, and live off leftovers, including various recipes Eileen develops for turkey later in the week. This weekend we also "celebrated" by cutting up the mule deer buck I killed on the 16th, which had aged sufficiently--and almost topped off this year's freezer. (We have two 15 cubic-foot chest freezers, one next to the kitchen, filled with meat from previous years, and another in the basement, which we try to fill up during the present year. The mule deer almost topped it off.)

Of course, all hunting doesn't end with Thanksgiving week. I'm leaving for South Texas pretty soon, and am assigned the task of "harvesting" enough wild pork to completely fill the basement freezer. We'll also be hunting birds through December.
Posted By: VernAK Re: John and Eileen - 11/27/17
John and Eileen have added so much common sense to this forum and it's greatly appreciated.

John's books have saved me $$$$ with the great reloading data and tips.

Thank You John and Eileen.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: John and Eileen - 11/28/17
Thank you too!
© 24hourcampfire