Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
Now common sense kept telling me a 7 Mag was the prudent way to go but the Loony in me hit the over ride button and said "get a 28 Nolser"
Common sense never seems to win out so I have a 28 Nosler 48 Long Range rifle on order.
Who has a 28 Nosler and lets hear your scoop on likes or dislikes....Bullets,powers and all the rest
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
Power of Greyskull! Factory Trophy Grade Nosler 160 grain accubonds are accurate.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Power of Greyskull! Factory Trophy Grade Nosler 160 grain accubonds are accurate.

I figure that’s how I’ll start out, for the price of brass I may as well get the loaded ammo to get things rolling and accumulate brass
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
The most accurate and zippiest-for-bullet-weight load I found when testing a 28 Nosler for an article was the 160 Partition and 85.0 grains of Norma 217 for 3339 fps. However, I didn't test a vast number of bullets. Maybe 160 Accubonds or something else would have shot even better.
Posted By: Dogger Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
i can't decide between a 26 or a 28 Nosler... going back and forth... it is a want and not a need, which further confounds the decision making process... was looking at Nosler's data for the 175 Accubond LR just moments ago. Congrats with your order.
Originally Posted by Dogger
i can't decide between a 26 or a 28 Nosler... going back and forth... it is a want and not a need, which further confounds the decision making process... was looking at Nosler's data for the 175 Accubond LR just moments ago. Congrats with your order.

Thank you I recently purchased a 6.5 Creedmoor so it was an easier choice for me
Posted By: baldhunter Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
The 160gr Accubond is a very good choice for the 28 Nosler.Don't know how easy it will be to find loaded ammo for it.Here is a couple of places to look.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/28_Nosler

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/28nosler
Can’t mail order ammo in communist NY
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
I would go with the 28-Nosler over the 26
For me I would use it for pure hunting round. Saying that, it has enough gas to push the Nosler 175 grain Partition clean though most animals. The 160 class Nosler bullets would be great too.
I would still hunt the same. Getting close is always fun for me. Just knowing, you have the power to take large animals at longer range is a plus.
Something new to hunt with keeps a guy young.
Take care.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Same here in this left state.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: 28 Nosler - 03/23/18
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

WTF??? How do you live with all those commies?
Posted By: EdM Re: 28 Nosler - 03/24/18
Dan,

Do you have a trip in mind to work the new rifle?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: 28 Nosler - 03/24/18
Originally Posted by EdM
Dan,

Do you have a trip in mind to work the new rifle?

Well Antelope and possibly Mule deer in Oct WY but really planed on using the 6.5 Creed for that
Maybe Aoudad next Feb?
Posted By: baldhunter Re: 28 Nosler - 03/24/18
Take the 28
Posted By: hanco Re: 28 Nosler - 03/24/18
I have the 26 Nosler, several 7 mags and a 7mm ultra mag. I like them all,
© 24hourcampfire