Home
Posted By: StudDuck Beretta Mod. 303 parts supply - 04/23/18
There is a mint Beretta 303 that has been sitting in a local pawn shop for more than a year. I've handled it a half dozen times or so and the more I handle it, the more I like it.

I've read Beretta is notorious for routinely introducing new models and parts for the older ones tend to dry-up. I'm not a skeet/clay shooter, so there is no way I'd ever wear it out, but one never knows when Mr. Murphy will visit.

How is the parts supply for the Beretta 300/303 series?
They are out there, MDF (?) in Missouri stocks some and there's always Cole Gunsmithing in Maine. Also, I believe the Weatherby SA-08 model is a pretty exact duplicate of this fine old firearm.
Beretta 303s are good shotguns.
A lot of the internal parts interchange with the AL-2, 302, and 390s.
Trigger groups can be swapped between them also.
There are a few differences like the magazine cut off on 302 and 303s.
A negative about the 303s are you are limited to 2 3/4" or 3" chambers,
where a 390 or 391 can shoot either, and you can't adjust the stock for drop and cast like the 390s and 391s.

If you like the gun, I wouldn't be worried about parts availability. There is a guy on Trapshooters.com that handles parts for Beretta semi autos.
He goes by ACSS and posts in the vendor classifieds.
There is also a lot of good info on Shotgunworld.com about Beretta semi-autos.
Posted By: EdM Re: Beretta Mod. 303 parts supply - 04/23/18
Here's some.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/beretta/shotguns-beretta/a303
Beretta 303's have a cult-like following, buy the shotgun and enjoy it. Beretta 303's are not Remington 1100's which needs a small parts kit.
Son's clay 303 has over 500,000 rounds through it. No crap. Been finest no repair gun I have ever bought. Three sets of stocks and trip to Briley for all the work and been shooting tournaments since he was 12. 28 years old now.
Bought a 12 gauge in the early 90's due to one gun writer's (can't recall exactly so I won't attempt) claim it was the best gas operated shotgun available. Based on my experience he was telling the truth.
Originally Posted by MoranoGrande
Beretta 303s are good shotguns.
A lot of the internal parts interchange with the AL-2, 302, and 390s.
Trigger groups can be swapped between them also.
There are a few differences like the magazine cut off on 302 and 303s.
A negative about the 303s are you are limited to 2 3/4" or 3" chambers,
where a 390 or 391 can shoot either, and you can't adjust the stock for drop and cast like the 390s and 391s.

If you like the gun, I wouldn't be worried about parts availability. There is a guy on Trapshooters.com that handles parts for Beretta semi autos.
He goes by ACSS and posts in the vendor classifieds.
There is also a lot of good info on Shotgunworld.com about Beretta semi-autos.

^^^^ Listen to this Poster
Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire