Home
Posted By: ldholton Hornady AP press. - 06/20/18
Not sure the best place for this question but I'll start here. To speed up and make easier use to a Hornady AP Progressive press talking pistol calibers would you add a bullet feeder or case Feeder first?
Posted By: ClarkEMyers Re: Hornady AP press. - 06/20/18
I have a case feeder. I can use it for batch processing to ride the case all the way around to size and decap only before tumbling. Especially for .357 Sig where I might size body and neck in two steps to use carbide and avoid case lube - more often to get by with one of the spray lubes than to run completely without lube.

I use a lot of cast bullets so I have no plans to add a bullet feeder. I have my doubts about how well cup and core bullets through a bullet feeder would do with Jeunke style test and with no knowledge either way I'll keep putting it off. I am equally dubious about plastic coated cast bullets though if I were setup for plastic coating in bulk I'd probably try a bullet feeder.

For my money the Hornady was the best value in a progressive with a case feeder. If wanted more performance I'd go with a Super 1050 and expect to pay more all around on the speed costs money how fast do you want to go principle.
© 24hourcampfire