Home
Posted By: imaduckin colt 1902 38 acp value - 07/25/18
hi all, ive been getting the crazy runaround on this gun and what its worth, manufacture date approximatly 1903 from serial numbers. it seems it may have been my wifes grandfathers service weapon in ww1 and she is trying to figure out what to do with it. im assuming ammo for it would have to be handloaded other than that it seems to be in firing condition. if anyone can help or direct me to a source to get a value on this gun it would be appreciated. ( having trouble loading pics) http://prntscr.com/kayhfz and you cant see it but it has the lanyard ring which the sporter model didnt have
You cannot shoot .38 Super in it. I doubt it was a service weapon, at least not government issue. If you can find non-super .38 ACP that is what it is chambered for. I would check Gunbroker to see if any have recently sold.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: colt 1902 38 acp value - 07/25/18
Ammunition is available, pricey IMO.

https://shop.ammo-one1.com/product.sc;jsessionid=A1C8479EB08E44C8E2B19C513EF79C0B.p3plqscsfapp006?productId=220&categoryId=158
Posted By: Ploughman Re: colt 1902 38 acp value - 07/26/18
The early 'longslide' Colt autos are fairly valuable, the 1902 Military being worth more than the Sporting. Both are worth considerably more than the 1903 Pocket .38 acp variation.
Posted By: imaduckin Re: colt 1902 38 acp value - 07/26/18
Originally Posted by Ploughman
The early 'longslide' Colt autos are fairly valuable, the 1902 Military being worth more than the Sporting. Both are worth considerably more than the 1903 Pocket .38 acp variation.

More valuable to who lol, figuring out what its worth is my dilemma
Posted By: hikerbum Re: colt 1902 38 acp value - 07/27/18
Check out Turnbull restorations web site for some restored ones and sometimes originals for sale.... they are the experts in doing these over and their site may help you a bit. They are very friendly and will also talk in the phone to you to help.
Posted By: imaduckin Re: colt 1902 38 acp value - 07/28/18
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Check out Turnbull restorations web site for some restored ones and sometimes originals for sale.... they are the experts in doing these over and their site may help you a bit. They are very friendly and will also talk in the phone to you to help.

thank you
© 24hourcampfire