Home
Posted By: Rat Rod Mac Different brass , for me. - 09/17/18
I've been looking for some 7 x 57 Mauser brass for a while now and ran across some that I'm not familiar with. It's called Prvi Partizan. I took a chance and bought a bag of fifty. It looks like it might be ok and I noticed the necks are annealed also. Is this brass as good as the stuff I'm used to using Winchester, Federal, etc.? RRM
I bought some PPU (Prvi) ammo for my 7x57 to get the brass. I have loaded it 3 times so far and it is solid for the price and availability.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Different brass , for me. - 09/18/18
IT is great brass.
The primer pockets tend to be too square for primers to start right.
Your case neck deburring tool is your huckleberry.
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Different brass , for me. - 09/18/18
I have used it in 7x57R and .303 and found it to be good stuff
Posted By: Tejano Re: Different brass , for me. - 09/18/18
I had issues with the primer pockets being tight on two bags I bought. The others were fine. I had to use the tapered Lyman uniformer and a case neck beveler both on the tight batches. I haven't weighed them but they look better than some lots of Winchester I got recently. On the third loading on some and they are holding up just fine.
Posted By: old70 Re: Different brass , for me. - 09/18/18
I’ve got nine loads out of some of their 7x57 brass. The primer pockets start tight and square. Benelli got is a good idea. Mine has been very consistent and I don’t baby it. I’ve trimmed twice, and I don’t expect to go past 10 just to be conservative. Use it with confidence.

Old70
I'm not a Gunwriter, but...

I've used Privi 7x57 brass and I agree it is good. Sometimes the extractor grooves don't fit some shell holders and a lot of the primer pockets need to be beveled some, but it holds up as well as Rem or Win.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Different brass , for me. - 09/19/18
Picked up a bunch of Privi 7x57 brass a couple years ago and love it. That's because I've used it before in other chamberings and loved it then, too. And I'm also not a gun writer.
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm ok with this stuff. RRM
I've used it in 8x57, 357mag, 9mm and 375H&H - all very good except 2 out of 40 of the 375H&H brass had incorrect headspace making them very tight to chamber. I also know people who have used it in 6.5x55 with good feedback.
© 24hourcampfire