Home
I've read on various threads more than I can count where statements such as this are often made.......

" I'm looking for an easy recoiling cartridge but I'm not interested in a 6.5 because I'm not interested in shooting long range"

I shoot stuff at 300 yds or less with my 6.5 swede more often than not. In fact it's my favorite cartridge for under 300 yds. I guess I didn't get the memo

Trystan
Oh how ironic....
For the same reason everybody mindf*cks everything else these days...
6.5x55 is gay.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
For the same reason everybody mindf*cks everything else these days...

You have to have a mind to get mindfukked so Trystan's safe.
Originally Posted by Trystan
I've read on various threads more than I can count where statements such as this are often made.......

" I'm looking for an easy recoiling cartridge but I'm not interested in a 6.5 because I'm not interested in shooting long range"

I shoot stuff at 300 yds or less with my 6.5 swede more often than not. In fact it's my favorite cartridge for under 300 yds. I guess I didn't get the memo

Trystan

Why don’t you post a link to one of these threads you are referring to?
Originally Posted by GregW
Oh how ironic....

And, very deep. 😎
My stereo is a 35 year old Kenwood😀
Our 35-year-old Kenwood died a couple years ago, so obviously "fell" for something....

Trystan

I think the further I have shot an animal with my 6.5x55 would be just over 100m.
I'm so old that I fall for Hi-Fis.
Ladies and gentlemen, Nat King Cole is gonna sing about what he's gonna do when he falls...in love. And you can listen to Nat on your stereo.

My old Lab fell off the couch the other day and had to be helped to his feet; drunk again!
Does an AM transistor radio meet the definition of a stereo? That is what I listen to the most these days. I long for the days of our Motorola Quasar TV consol- in addition to its 20" color TV screen, it had a phonograph to go with the AM/FM stereo. Most wonderous of all, it had a button one could push to get Hi-Fi in place of Mono. That was a stereo type to behold in those days.
I shoot stuff at 300 yds or less

I'm so happy for you.

Trystan

What the fck
I've read on various threads more than I can count where statements such as this are often made.....
"I'm looking for the biggest retard on the internet and finally found him. His name is Trythtan and in a world FULL of dumbphucqks, he's the dumbest phucqk of all".
I no longer type...............................

in stereo............................

or otherwise..................................

I word process only.. grin

I do not believe we even have a typewriter in any of the multitude of boxes of unused "stuff" in the garage.

Geno

PS I did however use a hand saw multiple times the other day shocked
My first car had an 8 track, but it was not in stereo. Sadly, it was mono. It made me ill.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
My first car had an 8 track, but it was not in stereo. Sadly, it was mono. It made me ill.

What, no Reverb?
You audiophiles are a bunch of fugkin snobs.
Yep, one reason some of us still play "acoustic" stringed instruments.

I have nothing against electric guitars, having played them many times over the years, sometimes even for pay. (Though admittedly not as much pay as some other jobs.) But acoustics are better around campfires.
Damnlaugh
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
But acoustics are better around campfires.

Yes, indeed. All the reverb and distortion and wah-wah and all that is just kinda outa step with a campfire. And the VOLUME---that's just a deal breaker for me!

I have nothing against electric guitars, having played them many times over the years, sometimes even for pay. (Though admittedly not as much pay as some other jobs.) But acoustics are better around campfires.

I play electric guitar..."money for nothin', your chicks are free" LOL
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I do not believe we even have a typewriter in any of the multitude of boxes of unused "stuff" in the garage.

Geno

PS I did however use a hand saw multiple times the other day shocked

A call went out the other day on campus for a typewriter. The response was that of crickets chirping. Evidently the treasurer's office needed one with which to doctor an old typewritten document. Finally someone thought to come to me down in my lair so I dutifully handed over an old electric typewriter that was stashed in a closet probably since Bush I was president. It even worked.

I use handsaws quite frequently, when doing hand-cut dovetails. Hand planes and chisels figure prominently in my vocation too. Shop tunes are courtesy of Sony digital though, sorry.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
My stereo is a 35 year old Kenwood😀

My Sansui 7070 is 41 years old & still rattles the walls...........mostly Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet or Skynnyrd.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Shop tunes are courtesy of Sony digital though, sorry.

"A man's got to do what a man's got to do."
Callahan
Last move we made my wife says to me "Erich , electricity is here to stay, time to get rid of that old Remington typewriter" like a fool I got rid of it but the Aladdin Lamps stayed.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
But acoustics are better around campfires.

Yes, indeed. All the reverb and distortion and wah-wah and all that is just kinda outa step with a campfire. And the VOLUME---that's just a deal breaker for me!

..and then there is the generator.

You should include a CD of "Mule Deer's Greatest Hits" with every copy of Gack 2.🙉
Well Trystan, this begs the question: just exactly how high can you count?
Fluphenazine shortage in 3......2.....1.....
Originally Posted by Pappy348

You should include a CD of "Mule Deer's Greatest Hits" with every copy of Gack 2.🙉

What a great idea! Be sure to include the hits "Please Don't Bury Me Without My Weatherby", "You and Me and the Rifle Makes Three", and that all time Mule Deer classic "Model 70 Rag".
Originally Posted by jackmountain
6.5x55 is gay.

I thought it was blond?
© 24hourcampfire