Home
I am planning to hunt deer and bear this weekend and I am considering bringing my Creedmoor instead of my 308 Win. I have a supply of 142 grain Accubond Long Range ammo. Shots would be between 50 and 100 yards if I get a shot. I know this ammo is designed for long range hunting and is somewhat soft but at the relatively low speed of a Creedmoor (around 2700 fps) would it be solid enough for good penetration? I tend to prefer pass-through shots. Thanks
I think you’ll be more than okay. I’d hunt without worries.
Thanks. If I have any luck I will post results.
My Browning Long Range Hunter likes just about everything but really likes 120 and 140 grain AMAX's in Hornady factory followed by 140 Nosler BT's.
check into the Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELDX. The CM's I know really shoot well with them and they are deadly on game.
The 143 eldx is very accurate. I’ve shot deer and pigs with it. I shoot behind the
Shoulder. Very little blood. The insides will be jelly. I like a blood trail.

Last season i switched to Barnes LRX 127 gr. I like those better.
My Fieldcraft likes Hornady 140 gr BTHP American Gunner and Winchester Deer Season XP, Polymer-Tipped Extreme Point, 125 Grain

Shoots both under an inch.

Sportsman's Warehouse has a killer price on the Hornady ammo, Walmart on the Winchester, and there's a Winchester $5/bx rebate going on now.
© 24hourcampfire