Home
I was in the Rapid City Cabela’s today and saw a side lock 12, looked brand new, with “Webley & Scott” emblazoned on the side in an un-British,style and a $3500 price tag. I asked the clerk about it, he says “yep,new production, made in Turkey...” pretty gun, but dang, people, seems like this is a tarted up Huglu. So who’s buying these? Maybe they are great?
Spanish Doubles made a lot of progress in the field and the gun press over the years.
At the low end of the price scale the Turkish doubles seem to bring a lot of heartache. Its interesting to see the price on the one you mentioned. Does the metal work hold up, time will tell.
The decision to have one's product manufactured elsewhere is one made my accountants, not thinking people. Several companies here in the US have found such decisions to be costly over the long run. Winchester found this out and so too did a few other companies.
Sounds dubious. For that price there are other good options. But who knows? When I first got an Aya shotgun they were almost unknown here. What a bargain I got and wish I had others.
© 24hourcampfire