Home
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Suppressor - 12/05/18
I'm wanting a suppressor for my .300 WM and 300 Whisper (BLK).

Lots of options. Some units are sealed, some are take down. Some are quieter than others.

I would like a bayonet quick attachment for both guns. My .300 WM has a 24" barrel, quick attach would help handling that long a gun. I'd attach when I got where I was going. The WM has a brake, which I don't like. This would help cutting down noise.

I wonder if they'll ever get that hearing protection bill passed and signed into law?

Suggestions.

DF
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Go direct thread... it’s simple, and you don’t have to buy a mount for every gun you want to use the can on.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
OK.

What would be your choice for what I'm wanting to do?

DF
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
I like a quick attach setup, and sometimes carry the suppressor separately in the woods (acknowledging that I might end up taking a shot without it) for easier carrying. I machine my own QD mounts though, so i don't have a suggestion for a specific brand, sorry.

For high power centerfire rifle suppressors, just get a sealed can, you don't need to strip it down to clean it. For a .22 or 9mm can, the ability to clean it is more important.

Don't bother waiting for the hearing protection act, it's dead Jim, not gonna happen in the foreseeable future. If you want a suppressor, get the paperwork started now; waiting for something to change only means waiting more.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Whats your budget? What is your criteria? Weight, cost, length, noise suppression?

I would also do direct thread, much simpler. You will eventually own more than one can anyway.

I have a Silencerco Harvester, and I like it just fine for what it is. I will be ordering a TBAC Ultra 5 in January. Twice the price, half the size.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Two different cans. Take down. The physical requirements for function are such that a can for the BO will not work on the .300 and the latter will be unwieldy on the BO.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Different strokes.....but I disagree. I dont care for Takedown cans, and no one make a can regarded with any seriousness in a takedown model.

Something like the Silencerco Omega would be just fine on a 300BO and a 300WM. One could even take the brake off for the 300, and on for the Magnum. There are definitely other options, like the TBAC Ultra 9 and 7 that are more than capable of working well on both rifles.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
OK.

What would be your choice for what I'm wanting to do?

DF

I wanted one I could use on everything from a .300 RUM to a .223..... I ended up with the Suppressed Armament Systems TiArbiter in direct thread (5/8x24). I use it on everything.... even a occasional rim fire round.
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
I've been running a SilencerCo Harvester and Omega 300. The Omega has some versatility in that it can be setup in a direct thread configuration as well as QD depending on what adapter is used. I'm using both in direct thread (5/8"-24) but an ASR muzzle brake/QD is in hand for the Omega if I get an itch to go that route.
Posted By: hanco Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
That rifle will be long with a 24” barrel. I bought a cheap Savage Hog Hunter to use with my suppressor. It has a 20” barrel, with can it’s long as hell.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Two different cans. Take down. The physical requirements for function are such that a can for the BO will not work on the .300 and the latter will be unwieldy on the BO.

I know you shoot some low velocity cast bullet stuff suppressed, but neither of your points in that comment are accurate for modern suppressors with high velocity centerfire ammo. If DF isn't going to shoot primarily cast bullet subsonics through that suppressor, there's no good reason to use a user-serviceable suppressor. Occasional use of those kind of loads tends to get cleaned out by firing high pressure rounds in the same can.

As for the size thing - great theory, that doesn't hold up in reality. Most modern centerfire 30 cal cans are rated for 300 WM anyway, and a 300 Blk is still quieter in those than a small 300 Blk specific can anyway. If he wants a small can, something like a TBAC Ultra 7 (or maybe even Ultra 5) does a great job for both cartridges.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Direct thread.

Silencerco Omega or TBAC Ultra 7.
Posted By: hanco Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
Best way to prevent ear damage is to not make noise!
Thanks, guys. Lots of good info.

I'm thinking about getting a threaded Ruger American in 300 BLK. One has the round clip, the newer one uses an AR mag. There has been some concern on how sturdy the AR mag is held in that model. Don't know. Others have suggested that the round clip may not feed as well as an AR mag. Don't know. You can get short AR mags.

I have a J. D. Jones SSK upper in .300 Whisper with SSK can on a Colt lower. It's a big, heavy SS can and when in place, the gun is pretty heavy. I was looking for something lighter and handier.

I also have an Ed Brown Damara in .300 WM.. It's a great rifle, but Ed supplied all his light weight magnums with a brake, said they shoot better. Well, the brake is really noisy. I was thinking a can could cut down the noise and maybe the recoil to some degree. The brake does reduce recoil to the extent I don't shoot it without. I'm thinking a can would make this gun more user friendly, especially hunting with a guide or party. That was my reasoning on quick on and off. But, it doesn't take long to screw on a can. I have one that fits three .22's, two pistols and a 10-22.

So, I'm doing research on which can would work in both applications. I don't think I'll shoot the .300 WM as much as the BLK.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30338 Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18

Not sure how you beat the TB stuff, I'd for sure look at them.
Originally Posted by hanco
Best way to prevent ear damage is to not make noise!

laugh

Not an option...

DF
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Suppressor - 12/05/18
I have been very happy with the Thunderbeast Ultras 5/7/9.

I love the 5 incher for being so light and compact but have not used it on anything bigger than .308 or 6.5CM.

I am using the TB muzzle break and the POI is really consistent when installing the cans.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Go direct thread... it’s simple, and you don’t have to buy a mount for every gun you want to use the can on.

^^^^^ This... I have both Thunderbeast and Silencerco suppressors but I always pick the Thunderbeast first... The Ultra 7 is my favorite...
Posted By: cotis Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
DF,

Check out this article published last week from the Firearm Blog, talking about Dead Air Armament. I found it quite interesting.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/28/dead-air-sandman-s-10000-rounds-later/

Look into the Nomad 30 also, looks really good for what you want.

I run a Silencerco Omega and use the ASR QD mount/brake on my rifles. There is no way I would go with a takedown model shooting a 300 win mag, too much pressure.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Sorta a quandary, getting one that’s ideal for a 300 BLK and 300 WM suitable.

A compromise no doubt. Probably will need overkill for BLK to accommodate WM.

DF
Posted By: 30338 Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
10 ounces of overkill.
TB UL7 seems like a good choice. Will check it out.

How much noise reduction do you give up with the lighter and shorter models?

DF
Posted By: 30338 Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
TB UL7 seems like a good choice. Will check it out.

How much noise reduction do you give up with the lighter and shorter models?

DF

I have all three lengths of the TBAC Ultras.

The 5 is my favorite as it is the lightest while still providing enough suppression at the shooters ear.

I won't shoot any of them without HP at a range with a covering and don't mind any of them out in the open.

I have done experiments where I was 100yds down range of all three and there is no difference I could detect.

Standing beside the shooter you can tell the difference when shot back to back but it's not much.

Without question don't go over 7 with this design.
Thanks John.

Good info.

DF
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Originally Posted by Yondering

I know you shoot some low velocity cast bullet stuff suppressed, but neither of your points in that comment are accurate for modern suppressors with high velocity centerfire ammo. If DF isn't going to shoot primarily cast bullet subsonics through that suppressor, there's no good reason to use a user-serviceable suppressor. Occasional use of those kind of loads tends to get cleaned out by firing high pressure rounds in the same can.

As for the size thing - great theory, that doesn't hold up in reality. Most modern centerfire 30 cal cans are rated for 300 WM anyway, and a 300 Blk is still quieter in those than a small 300 Blk specific can anyway. If he wants a small can, something like a TBAC Ultra 7 (or maybe even Ultra 5) does a great job for both cartridges.

You're making assumptions that are amusing. Thanks.

DD

Please explain to those of us who are wanting to learn about these things.

DF
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
I have a SilencerCo Harvester, quite pleased with it. Rated up to 300WM, so would cover both functions. I have not tried it yet on the 7mmRem Mag, but on the 243 it seemed quieter than a CCI minimag 22LR shot right after, if that is of any help.

Very light, though it's addressed to hunting use mainly, which means it is not rated for sustained fire strings, it was able to shoot consistently on the range.

Not sure how easy it would be to manage while hunting and negotiating brush with it attached on a gun. It needs a direct thread adapter, which can work on different threading (1/2-28, 5/8-24 and a bunch others), so it would be a separate cost to consider.
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18

^^^^This
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
[Linked Image]

I used to pass up coyotes when I hunted big game.....not anymore.

Whoever says suppressed rifle shots aren't much different, noise wise from unsuppressed shots is full of bs.

I will never hunt anything without a suppressed rifle, from here out.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Pat,

What suppressors are you running?
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18

Not really assumptions; you talk about your suppressed shooting quite a bit here, and I mostly pay attention. But since you imply that I'm wrong - how much suppressed shooting do you do with jacketed rifle bullets in high pressure centerfire rifle cartridges?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
I think it's safe to conclude we are in different orbits and I'll leave it at that. The OP asked for suggestions/opinions and I gave mine with no desire to jump into a debate with others.
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
The SilencerCo Omega is the most versatile suppressor that I’ve used, thanks to its ability to swap from a direct thread mount to a flash hider/brake mount in about a minute. It’s living on my Fieldcraft at the moment.

I bought a Thunder Beast Ultra 9 late last year but the paperwork hasn’t cleared. It has a reputation for minimal POI shift but I haven’t been able to confirm that personally.

My AAC 762 SDN-6 mostly stays on an AR-10 and doesn’t see much use.

If I could only have one rifle can, my choice would be the Omega.
The two that seem to interest me the most (at present) are the Omega 300 and TBAC Ultra (5 or 7).

But, being a Loony, who knows... wink

DF
TBAC Ultras.

9 on the 18" 6.5mm CM and 5 on the 22" 6mm CM

[Linked Image]
John, can you tell much practical difference between the 9 and the 5?

DF
My experience is most all related to AR platforms so keep that in mind.

Sound wise I prefer the "tone" of the 5.

Gas guns vent at the carrier and the port pop of the 5 inch is a bit softer than the longer Ultras.

Gas guns get dirty fast when suppressed and the 5 has less back pressure and drives less fouling into the action.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Buddy of mine was running a TBAC U7 on a 6.5 Creed the other day.... we both thought my 9” SAS can was much quieter to both the shooter and the immediate vicinity. The bigger cans are generally quieter... but there are some exceptions. My suppressor is long, and weighs 14oz.... but it is very effective, and isn’t cumbersome on 16”-20” barrels.

In the field, most animals have no idea where the shot came from.
There seems to be several models of the SAS. Which one are you running?

DF
There seems to be several models of the SAS. Which one are you running?

DF

Arbiter Titanium
Buddy of mine was running a TBAC U7 on a 6.5 Creed the other day.... we both thought my 9” SAS can was much quieter to both the shooter and the immediate vicinity. The bigger cans are generally quieter... but there are some exceptions. My suppressor is long, and weighs 14oz.... but it is very effective, and isn’t cumbersome on 16”-20” barrels.

If the timing works out we should do a comparison with a U5 and a U9 around Christmas.
Thanks,

I already have two suppressors, both registered to me individually.

Did you use a trust for the registration? That seems to be a good option.

DF
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

If the timing works out we should do a comparison with a U5 and a U9 around Christmas.

I’ll be around.... shoot me a text.

Should we invite ‘stick?
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I’ll be around.... shoot me a text.

Should we invite ‘stick?

laugh

You could probably sell tickets to that...

DF
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/06/18
Thanks,

I already have two suppressors, both registered to me individually.

Did you use a trust for the registration? That seems to be a good option.

DF

A trust used to be a great option for a number of reasons, but most of those are gone now. Only good reason to use a trust now is to have other "responsible persons" included who can be in possession. There is some extra hassle involved in going that route now.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
What’s the story on the trust not being as good an option now as it was.

DF
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
I have a TBAC Ultra 7 CB and an SAS Barricade DT. Really like them both, though I’ve never used any other makes. I’d say a can from either comapny would be good to go.

I use the ultra 7 on my Tikka CTR 6.5cm and ARs

I use the slightly shorter and lighter barricade on my tikka lite 223 and 243

A buddy has silencerco omega and seems to like it
Walter, did you do a trust?

DF
Posted By: rainshot Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
First let me say I'm no expert on much of anything.

I built mine on a form 1. My thoughts are that 5/8-24 is still what the suppressor is mounted on even with the bayonet mount. You're just adding more weight. However it is convenient. I have read many complaints on other forums about suppressors loosening up after firing a few shots mostly for the bayonet mount and some with thread mount. The thread fit should be good.

My suppressor is sort of a reflex design that comes back over the barrel about an inch and it's pretty secure. It won't loosen no matter how much I shoot. Suppressors add weight and that changes the harmonics. Mine changes POI about 1" @100yds. Accuracy is just as good and it will agg. much the same with or without. The extra weight does change the dynamics of the gun. It's more front heavy and longer. Sound suppression is great and it is just a tradeoff. Lighter and shorter might be good if it works as well.

There's a thread over on the Accurate Reloading Suppressor forum that was started by a guy in the UK that hunts subsonic suppressed at night in urban settings. He wants a loading that is subsonic and has good expansion for taking larger game. It's a tradeoff with any chambering shooting subsonic. Heavy long bullets don't do well with twist rates used for super sonic loadings. Ranges have to be much shorter as drop is greater and jacketed bullets don't work as well because they are designed for much more velocity. More tradeoffs.

I don't see the suppressor legislation happening at all now that the democrats have the house. Even the republican establishment is scared to death of the bad press they will get. The heck of it all is All of them know well that suppressors are good and mitigate hearing loss. The liberals love to lie about anything gun related and the non shooting public is clueless. The government will fight to the death to keep their fees. It helps pay for their liberal social programs that get votes and they will not relinquish any control once they get it.
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
Walter, did you do a trust?

DF

I bought both of mine a few years ago, when using a trust was an easier route. I set up a simple trust through an attorney.

I’m by no means an expert, but if I understand correctly it’s no longer any easier to purchase suppressors through a trust, as others have already mentioned here. I need to read up on the current process myself, but haven’t since I have no plans to purchase more suppressors or build an SBR.
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
I use a Hybrid mostly sub-sonic. Never shoot 22 LR or 22 WMR with out a suppresser any more.

My favorite use is on a Ruger American 450 Bushmaster 16" barrel 12.5 gr. Trail Boss 1045 fps Cutting Edge Bullet Handgun Raptor 240 gr. with tip added. I limit shots to 60 yards, it will shoot one ragged hole, pellet gun quiet.

Shot this buck at 42 yards, there was a doe and fawn in the 1 acre food plot at the time of the shot. They ran into the woods came back and started feeding within a couple minutes.
[Linked Image]

Exit from inside looking out, the two smaller circled holes are blade from bullet.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/KHOxzpE.jpg?1[/img]

Entrance looking from inside out
.[Linked Image]

450 Bushmaster with Cutting Edge Bullets 240 gr.Handgun Raptor W/Tip added
[Linked Image]
Now, that's a cool set up. You spent some time and thought putting that together.

I like it.

DF
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
What’s the story on the trust not being as good an option now as it was.

DF

Research BATF 41P for more details, but here's the cliff notes:

Prior to the 41P rule changes, a trust avoided some of the paperwork hassle, such as chief LEO sign-off, fingerprints, etc, and was a method people could use to purchase/own suppressors in areas where law enforcement would not sign off for an individual. Once you had the trust set up, you could just send that in with your paperwork and avoid all of the other requirements that purchasing as an individual would have.

Now, after 41P, all responsible persons on a trust have to complete the same requirements (fingerprints, photo id, etc) as an individual, so that part is just as much or more hassle than going the individual route, plus paying for the trust. Also, the LEO requirement changed to "notification only" instead of the sign off requirement, so that made the individual route easier, but also notification is required for trusts now where it was not before.

There are more advantages and disadvantages to each now, but I think I hit all the main points there. Will update later if I think of anything else significant.

The short answer is this: If you don't need to have multiple people in possession of your suppressor, the time for the trust method is pretty much past, because most of the other advantages are gone.
Posted By: pointer Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
[quote=Dirtfarmer]

The short answer is this: If you don't need to have multiple people in possession of your suppressor, the time for the trust method is pretty much past, because most of the other advantages are gone.
Since my two minor sons would also be using the suppressor, I assume I should go the trust route and have them listed on it?
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
This thread perked my interest to do a little googling. Are guys really paying $1,000 for suppressors?
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: Suppressor - 12/07/18
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
This thread perked my interest to do a little googling. Are guys really paying $1,000 for suppressors?

That's in the ball park for a robust 7.62 suppressor and also have to add the $200 tax stamp.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
Originally Posted by pointer
[quote=Dirtfarmer]

Since my two minor sons would also be using the suppressor, I assume I should go the trust route and have them listed on it?

If they're going to take the suppressor with them somewhere else without you (such as if they lived somewhere other than your house and took it home with them) and were of legal age to be in possession of a firearm, that's where the trust is still helpful. For example if you and I are both on your trust, I could take your suppressor home with me legally without you being there. If you own it as an individual, it would not be legal for me to possess it. I'm not a lawyer, but at this time, it seems to be accepted that if you are present, other people can shoot your suppressor without being considered in possession of it; the difference being whether or not you are present or not.

Since your sons are minors though (and probably live with you?) then going with a trust or individual doesn't matter much at this time. You might consider whether you want the trust so they could be in possession when they're old enough, but you'd have to edit the trust at that point to make them trustees. If they are just listed as beneficiaries, they don't legally have access to the items the trust owns. I don't think you can/should list minors as trustees to a trust that will own age-restricted items like firearms, but talk to a lawyer about that.

And for clarification - the ATF has defined suppressors as "firearms". Yes, I know it's stupid and don't agree with it, it's like defining a car muffler as a vehicle and requiring registration and plates for it. But, that is the current law that we have to work with.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18

Yes. That'll get you a pretty good suppressor, but you could pay even more if you want. It's not that hard to believe, people pay more than that for scopes, rifles, and other gun stuff all the time.

As mentioned above, don't forget the tax stamp cost too, along with the cost of barrel threading and any muzzle devices you might need. Good suppressors are not a market for those who like to buy cheap stuff, but they are worthwhile for those willing and able to pay the cost.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
Silencerco harvester 300, $579

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/silencerco-harvester.html
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
It’s very fast and easy to set up the single shot trust with Silencer Shop. It’s a single can trust with one person as owner. Can do as many of those as you want, and can amend the trust to add trustees after you receive the tax stamp. IIRC it was like $25.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
My 16 year old son shot a cow elk at a little over 500 yards this afternoon, with a suppressed .260 Rem. The cow dropped at the shot, and never twitched.... the rest of the 200+ elk didn’t do much at all... until we stood up and started walking down there. Big game animals KNOW what a rifle shot is... typically they have no clue what a suppressed rifle shot is.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18

Yes. That'll get you a pretty good suppressor, but you could pay even more if you want. It's not that hard to believe, people pay more than that for scopes, rifles, and other gun stuff all the time.

Yikes, definitely an eye opener, I had never even looked at what suppressors cost. Rifle and scope cost I understand, kind of need those to shoot the riflle of course, but had no idea guys were paying that much for the cans.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
Suppressors are WAY cheaper than hearing aids.....
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
Another "vote" for the Single Shot Trust, and Silencer Shop. I went this route for my last "can" - a rimfire version for a Ruger .22 semi-auto pistol, and will be using this method for a .45 "can" in the near future.

Mike Holmes
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18

Plugs and muffs are cheaper than both!...grin

I can see their benefit in certain circumstances , I just can’t believe that they cost that much. I figured $300-$400 for something like that , not a grand.
Posted By: liliysdad Re: Suppressor - 12/08/18
You can get suppressors that cost that....but they arent worth it. Its a lifetime investment, the cost is easily justified with use.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Suppressor - 12/09/18

Remember, these things are built to last forever.

Nobody wants to go through all the hassle and spend $200 tax on a disposable item.

If we could ever get rid of the tax & paperwork, you'd see silencers priced like lawn mower mufflers.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor - 12/09/18

Plugs and muffs are cheaper than both!...grin

I can see their benefit in certain circumstances , I just can’t believe that they cost that much. I figured $300-$400 for something like that , not a grand.

$300-$400 is a good price range for a high quality .22 LR suppressor. It's a little on the low end of the range for a decent 9mm suppressor, most of those are another hundred or two more. Quality centerfire rifle suppressor prices go up from there.

Suppressors may look and seem simple from the outside, but a good suppressor has a lot of intricate machining inside that has to be held to very tight tolerances. That drives most of the cost, although material cost is significant too. I've spent as much as $200-$250 just on materials (mostly titanium) to machine my own; that doesn't include any machining time or other costs for coatings and engraving.

While there are/were some companies building very cheap suppressors, those companies typically don't do well and don't last, because nobody likes the end result of a cheaply built suppressor. Once you buy a cheap one and decide you don't like it, you're stuck with it too, since another tax stamp (or two) is required to sell it which means a cheap can has virtually no value on the used market.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Suppressor - 12/09/18
Well there won’t be any heading my way anytime soon, not my thing for that much money. I remember meeting a guy in Texas that worked in a CNC machine shop that was making these things for himself and he said that all the cost in them is tied up in the stamp, if it didn’t exist there would be tons of the things available for cheap. I just never even inquired what they actually cost.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Suppressor - 12/15/18
I have a rimfire Can -NO TRUST- what happens to the Can if I unexpectedly 'kick the bucket' ?

Can I Will the Can to my nephews/neices who will be getting my guns ? Then whoever wants it gets approved - pays $200 gov't rip-off charge - Can is theirs ?
Posted By: javman Re: Suppressor - 12/15/18
DF,

My bud has the Thunderbeast Titanium and uses it on all his rifles. He shot his 270 Weatherby mag Ruger number 1 with that can and it was impressive on noise level reduction but what really impressed me was that the rifle didn’t feel muzzle heavy with that can on! I was sold on it right away.
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: Suppressor - 12/15/18
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I have a rimfire Can -NO TRUST- what happens to the Can if I unexpectedly 'kick the bucket' ?

Can I Will the Can to my nephews/neices who will be getting my guns ? Then whoever wants it gets approved - pays $200 gov't rip-off charge - Can is theirs ?

My FFL talked me out of a trust because the stamp gets one free ownership transfer up on your death to the person you will it to.
Posted By: nimrod1949 Re: Suppressor - 12/15/18
For the OP The best deal in rifle suppressors these days is the Yankee Hill Machine Resonator. They can be had for sub $400. They are QD mounted if that is what you want. The consensus seems to be direct thread here. The Resonator gets good reviews but I’m only 5 months into my wait so I cannot give you first hand information.

Good luck buying just one! I’m already planning #2
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Suppressor - 12/15/18
Thanks I'll read my paperwork again .
© 24hourcampfire