Home
I’ve seen some photos here of rifles in the creek, underwater. Why would one put his rifle in the creek for a photo?
Can't believe someone who's been here ten years doesn't know the answer to that!

I for one am glad he does. Great pics, and not just the wet ones.
Some guns don't stay on the couch. Hint.

Sorry, couldn't help myself......
Some folks are just real proud of their 6.5 Creekmoors.........
He keeps hoping one will float.
How do you think you head-shoot salmon at 2000 yards? Can’t do it with a dry rifle.
I haven’t seen that.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Can't believe someone who's been here ten years doesn't know the answer to that!

I for one am glad he does. Great pics, and not just the wet ones.
There's great pix all over the net. His don't impress me a bit.
So it's a salmon hunting thing. I get it. I was thinking it was a 24 Hour Campfire culture thing.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

You blew it by using real words assembled in a manner that can be understood.
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Some folks are just real proud of their 6.5 Creekmoors.........

Lmao
Many of them are .260"s thrown in by wannahaves.
Why would he throw a brand new Kimber against rocks? Because he's desperate for attention and uses shock value to attract it. That's why he lays rifles in creeks.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

You blew it by using real words assembled in a manner that can be understood.

grin Awesome !!!!
Originally Posted by riverdog
So it's a salmon hunting thing. I get it. I was thinking it was a 24 Hour Campfire culture thing.

More like a dog lifting it's hind leg, cannot help itself.

Though he probably uses it to get viewers on some other site where he gets paid.
I’ve seen some photos here of rifles in the creek, underwater. Why would one put his rifle in the creek for a photo?

Whatever you do, don't ask about the drop test........
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Oh bugger, I just had a mental picture of him walking out of the house with a new Holland and Holland held at arms length.

Also don't ask about how he tests scopes for rugged reliability...

aka his Leupold video with his son playing fetch.

I could see where that might be of interest to a guy with a handle of RIVER Dog.

Water helps obtain the Rust Camo look real easily....

besides haven't you heard water can be a lubricant?
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Oh bugger, I just had a mental picture of him walking out of the house with a new Holland and Holland held at arms length.

Don't put that kind of image in my mind! I may have nightmares now.
How else do you clean your rifles?

You oughtta see him take a brand new gun and throw it 10’ away into the rocks.........& then scratch it around.

Honestly,
If you are truly unaware, the man’s primary screen name is Big Stick. If you look up his posts you’ll be........entertained....maybe? Better put your waders on.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

You oughtta see him take a brand new gun and throw it 10’ away into the rocks.........& then scratch it around.

Well, he was "breaking it in". We all have our own ways of doing things. Who are we to judge ?

kwg
Originally Posted by moosemike
Why would he throw a brand new Kimber against rocks? Because he's desperate for attention and uses shock value to attract it. That's why he lays rifles in creeks.

^^ this ^^
Originally Posted by kwg020

Well, he was "breaking it in". We all have our own ways of doing things. Who are we to judge ?

kwg

When I wore Levi 501s I'd toss a brand new pair in the dirt/gravel and step on 'em a few times. They used to not be wearable until washed at least once and I wasn't wasting soap and water on a clean pair of pants. I think walking on them got 'em a bit broke in too.

But I doubt you'll find me doing that with a new rifle, or a used one for that matter.

Geno
I always thought it was funny, that his rifles and stuff spend so much time in water,
yet on the other hand, how much it appears that Stumpy avoids taking a bath ever...
probably takes a Puerto Rican shower at most...

or much less washing and wearing clean clothes....

and probably gets 10 years plus out of a 49 cent tooth brush....

water is for rifles... nothin else on Planet Schtick...
Well a rifle ought to be able to take some punishment and in my opinion if I could afford the scopes Stick regularly soaks I would damn sure own a couple! The real question is why does he carry these pea shooters around when he is fishing? I could understand having a light 358 Winchester for bear protection but some form of 6MM?
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well a rifle ought to be able to take some punishment and in my opinion if I could afford the scopes Stick regularly soaks I would damn sure own a couple! The real question is why does he carry these pea shooters around when he is fishing? I could understand having a light 358 Winchester for bear protection but some form of 6MM?

the 6mm is for shooting beavers. He brings a switch for the bears!
You can just shoot beavers?
Originally Posted by Seafire
I always thought it was funny, that his rifles and stuff spend so much time in water,
yet on the other hand, how much it appears that Stumpy avoids taking a bath ever...
probably takes a Puerto Rican shower at most...

or much less washing and wearing clean clothes....

and probably gets 10 years plus out of a 49 cent tooth brush....

water is for rifles... nothin else on Planet Schtick...

I always thought it was funny how much people can get so worked up so much over what other people do. I could care less how any of you treat your rifles there are a bunch of good folks and information on the Fire. If you want to dunk your rifle in water or download a 243 and hunt deer with it have at it. I think both are stupid but don't really care what you do.
Originally Posted by 28lx

I always thought it was funny how much people can get so worked up so much over what other people do. I could care less how any of you treat your rifles there are a bunch of good folks and information on the Fire. If you want to dunk your rifle in water or download a 243 and hunt deer with it have at it. I think both are stupid but don't really care what you do.

Great answer! +1

Kind of like I don't care if someone says "vice" or "versus", "clip" or "magazine", "pistol" or "revolver", etc. As long as I'm smart enough to figure out what they mean by it, why should I care what they call it.

"course I'm from WV so I'm fairly used to hearing a chair called a "cheer", a pen being called a "pin", a light bulb being called a " lite bub", Pall Mall being "Pail Mail", a deck is often a "dick" and Mike must have changed his name to "Mac" etc, etc, etc. It used to drive me crazy when someone would say "I could care less" when they meant "I couldn't care less" but in the long run it really doesn't matter. I have bigger more important things to worry about.

If it floats your boat and doesn't hurt anybody else, go with it,
Exactly, the pussy hurt is staggering around here.

A rifle is a tool, nothing more. I've submerged barrels in water and snow to cool them.

Apparently those that are worried about water never hunt the rain.

Don't forget the rest of the video, where after throwing it onto the rocks several times he puts several rounds into steel at 400 yards.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Don't forget the rest of the video, where after throwing it onto the rocks several times he puts several rounds into steel at 400 yards. A

Can anybody post a link to this alleged video? Sounds entertaining and I could use the entertainment...
Please don't get that fugger started again.... too bad there isn't a cyber throat punch
Because it makes one famous and drives the couch cadets crazy........hint....laffin
Originally Posted by rickt300

Well the most he can handle seems to be a 7-08.
I have nothing against Stick. He apparently has a hell of a disposable income. So he has a lot stuff, uses it hard (some say abuses), and gives his honest opinion. There is value in that. I do wonder, when away from cameras and keyboards, if he talks like he writes?
He comes off like a lottery winner.
I don't care if he puts his rifle in the creek...it doesn't upset me. I just wondered why someone would do that.
I don't care if he puts his rifle in the creek...it doesn't upset me. I just wondered why someone would do that.

You are talking about him, aren't you?
Originally Posted by Tyrone
He comes off like a lottery winner.

Oil field worker....I think...
Surprised he can keep a job.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

A rifle is a tool, nothing more. I've submerged barrels in water and snow to cool them.

Apparently those that are worried about water never hunt the rain.

Originally Posted by Steelhead

A rifle is a tool, nothing more.

Do you put your tools in the creek?
Where he lives it rains 200" a year........
His rifle "could" be a little damp already.
Plus, he knows it bursts arteries around here.

Slave

P.S. lots of loggers round here buy a 65k pickup. After a week you can't tell it's new.....at all. Just a tool to them.
Originally Posted by wageslave
Plus, he knows it bursts arteries around here.

Slave

Just won a chicken dinner!

"Rifle break in".

It's got a cow barrel. Lots of guys like a bull barrel.
LMAO.
I got a laugh out of the rifle break in video long before I even knew that the fire existed.

I wouldn't treat my stuff that way, but that's my stuff. His stuff is his stuff. And he can do as he pleases.

Sure makes some people lose their mind though

-Jake
Poor people have poor ways.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRRahHX9Zkg
© 24hourcampfire