Home
Posted By: tj3006 Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/03/19
I went on the web sight,
There is a place to request new cartridges, I recommended the .257 Roberts,. Winchester stopped producing it, Remington has it as special run. Hornady makes but its hard to find, nosler is hard to find, and way expensive. Both Ruger and Kimber are chambering for the bob ! maybe if enough of you guys go the starline sight and request it, we will have a new alternative. I just bought 50 starline 45/70 today and saved 17.00 and changed over Winchester ! ...tj3006
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/03/19
Hmmm.....?

They assured me a month back they had ZERO intentions of making 300 WSM. But, they’ll take special orders?
Posted By: Huntz Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/03/19
Not special orders,but if enough people request a certain caliber they will consider making it.Over on the MO forums enough folks asked for 375 Win. brass and they now make it.Not only that their brass is top notch.Huntz
Posted By: MikeN Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/03/19
I requested 7x57 4 or 5 months ago. Hopefully they'll make it and the .257. It appears that most of the "new" rifle calibers they have come out with are ones that will work in AR platform stuff.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/03/19
Put in my vote.
Posted By: lightman Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
I just contacted them and requester that they add both 257 Roberts and 300 WSM to their lineup. We shall see.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
I asked for 257 as well
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
I want 221 and 17 Fireball.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Starline .45-90 brass I bought was so hard it had to be annealed three times before I could neck it down to .40-80, and even then it was a death march getting 50 done, in a Rock Chucker no less.
Thanks for posting- I've had a tough time finding (reasonably priced) 257 Roberts brass for a couple years- I'm gonna make a request too, now that I know I can.
I've bought their 243 and 308 brass through Midway, as well as their pistol brass selections, with good success
Originally Posted by tj3006
I went on the web sight,
There is a place to request new cartridges, I recommended the .257 Roberts,. Winchester stopped producing it, Remington has it as special run. Hornady makes but its hard to find, nosler is hard to find, and way expensive. Both Ruger and Kimber are chambering for the bob ! maybe if enough of you guys go the starline sight and request it, we will have a new alternative. I just bought 50 starline 45/70 today and saved 17.00 and changed over Winchester ! ...tj3006

Posted By: Elvis Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Winchester do a run of Roberts brass every few years. You have to grab a supply when you can and make it last. We got some Winchester Roberts brass out here last year and I bought another 5x50 bags. Very strange, we also got a big supply of Winchester .250 Savage brass last week in one of the shops. I don't think I've seen any of that for sale for about 8-10 years. I already have 3x50 bags but will probably buy a couple more.
Posted By: tj3006 Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
250 savage i have a bunch of. but its, probably just timing , i only recently aquired 2 rifles so chamberd...tj3006
Posted By: Huntz Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Starline makes 221 Fireball.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Starline makes good brass. They probably don't know they made the entire world's supply of .30 Sneezer brass.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Hmmmm...7X57, 6mm Rem, 257 Rob, all from the same basic cartridge. May be doable.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Originally Posted by Huntz
Not special orders,but if enough people request a certain caliber they will consider making it.Over on the MO forums enough folks asked for 375 Win. brass and they now make it.Not only that their brass is top notch.Huntz

Interesting Huntz,

I wonder what their "enough folks" is?

I have enough to last awhile, but would not have a problem buying another 100-200 cases of .256 Winchester Magnum brass. I've got a bit from Quality Cartridge and some original Winchester. I prefer the Winchester stuff and have heard great things about Starline brass, I'd certainly be in for a coupla hundred of the correct headstamp .256 cases.

25-20 is getting harder to find also, last time I checked.

Geno
Posted By: DubThomas Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/04/19
Where do you make the request? I have a 257 Roberts and need new cases as well. Thanks!
Use the drop down menu to make a selection.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/about-us/contact-us.cfm

Ronnie
Posted By: ckat Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/05/19
For those needing 257 Roberts brass right now. Free shipping on orders over $50.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Nosler-reg-Custom-Rifle-Brass/731922.uts
Posted By: HawkI Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/05/19
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Interesting Huntz,

I have enough to last awhile, but would not have a problem buying another 100-200 cases of .256 Winchester Magnum brass.

They list and stock 414 SuperMag brass, which to my knowledge was chambered in several thousand LESS arms sold than the 256....

If 100 people have a 414 Super Mag, they probably aren't shooting them.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/05/19

Shut the front door!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/07/19
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Interesting Huntz,

I have enough to last awhile, but would not have a problem buying another 100-200 cases of .256 Winchester Magnum brass.

They list and stock 414 SuperMag brass, which to my knowledge was chambered in several thousand LESS arms sold than the 256....

If 100 people have a 414 Super Mag, they probably aren't shooting them.

That's amazing. I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything chambered in that.

Geno
Posted By: HawkI Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/08/19
Dan Wesson introduced the round, but it was in the middle of their various moves. T/C also chambered for it, but I would bet TC made more barrels for the 414 than Dan Wesson EVER made in revolvers.

I don't believe 1,000 guns or barrels were ever made for it. The DW guns, what few exist, are probably in collector fodder.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.....

I know they just started making .222 Rem brass but I don't think they make .221 FireBall.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/08/19
Originally Posted by 451whitworth

I know they just started making .222 Rem brass but I don't think they make .221 FireBall.

I looked on their site and they don`t list 221 Fireball anymore.I bought 500 from them several years ago.
OK,I guess I had a brain fart.I checked my 221 Fireball brass`s head stamp and it is Remington.I don`t know why I thought it was Starline.Huntz
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Starline Rifle Brass ! - 03/09/19
Originally Posted by HawkI
Dan Wesson introduced the round, but it was in the middle of their various moves. T/C also chambered for it, but I would bet TC made more barrels for the 414 than Dan Wesson EVER made in revolvers.

I don't believe 1,000 guns or barrels were ever made for it. The DW guns, what few exist, are probably in collector fodder.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.....

I'd certainly imagine those revolvers might prove to have held their value.

Geno
© 24hourcampfire