Home
have you checked a few out with your trusty bore scope? wondering how they look compared to other factory or custom barrels.

thanks Ed
They're fine, comparing well to most factory barrels these days.

That said, how a barrel looks inside doesn't always mean it will shoot well, especially on factory rifles, which may have other problems. One the other hand, I noted a big improvement in average Kimber centerfire accuracy about a decade ago. Whether that was due to another source of barrels, or more care in fitting them, I dunno. It could have been both.
I have a bore scope and three kimbers......they seem to be as smooth as some of my big name barrels.
Have had 7 kimbers of various calibers and borescoped a few others. The stainless barrels tend to be smoother and cleaner than the blued barrels. Some of the blued barrels can be pretty rough and tend to copper foul heavily and quickly, harder to clean than the stainless. Both tend to shoot about the same regardless of how the interior of the barrel looks. As a rule of thumb I find stainless barrels of all makes foul less and generally look better through a borescope than blued barrels though it is not an indicator of how well they will shoot. Also as a rule of thumb I find blued steel barrel throats erode and fire crack sooner than stainless with the same cartridge and number of rounds fired. Just my opinion, always exceptions and your mileage may differ.
© 24hourcampfire