Home
Posted By: 1Akshooter Starline or Norma? - 05/13/19
I recently got 100 pieces of new Starline 45-70 brass and use Norma for my 30-06 and .338 Winny. I want to buy some 6.5 Creedmoor brass and there is a big price difference between Starline and Norma. So what do you guys say, is Norma that much better then Starline?
Posted By: beretzs Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/13/19
I would be fine with Starline vs the Norma offering. Been using Starline for 224 Valk and it’s been good. I think to step up from the Starline you get into the Alpha brass which has been unreal good stuff.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/13/19
I have had great results with both Norma and Starline rifle brass recently--but there's a BUNCH of excellent rifle brass out there these days!
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/13/19
There is a bunch of brass for sure. I have always heard good things about Starline and I know from personal experience Norma works well for me in my 30-06 and .338 Winny, as did Winchester brass. I have a Tikka T3X Superlite and plan on getting a Tikka 6.5 CTR, the 24" barreled one for range use and just trying to decide on the brass for my hunting and target loads. Nothing formal here, just trying to learn to shoot to 600 yards and thought if I practice out to 800 yards it will make 600 yards easier.

I put a 3-9x42 SWFA on the Superlite and have a Bushnell 4.5-18x44 that will go on the heavier range rifle. I told my grandkid that we need to learn the mil system and first focal plane scope stuff.

I have used WW brass in every thing I load for forever and none of the moose or caribou or bears ever said it made a difference since I rarely shoot pass 200 yards, but switched to Norma 3 years ago. But, doggone these internet forums cost me money and make me think I need something I don't have! Even though I know any rifle that lands a bullet under 3 inches at what ever distance I shoot is gonna give me a gut pile, I still obsess with 5 shots into an inch at 100 yards Heck, I have never had to shoot any thing that was standing more then once, let alone 5 times. At my age I should know better and could save lots of time and money if......but, woe is me.....

It is a good thing I have like minded folks to bear my soul to!
Posted By: kingston Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/13/19
I just bought 500 pieces of Starline 6.5 Creedmoor SRP brass. I’ve yet to go through it, but there were so many great reviews, I had to see for myself.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/14/19
Been using Starline 6.5 CM brass for about a year now.It is good as any on the market right now.I had no hesitation buying as I have had such good luck with their pistol brass.
Posted By: tack Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/15/19
TAG
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/16/19
Starline is excellent stuff. Id buy the large rifle primer brass and call it a day.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/17/19
Let your gun tell you what it likes. Mine did.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/20/19
Is the Starline brass harder than the Norma? Norma is pretty good and the soft brass issue is a hold over from Bob Hagel's writings but Lapua and RWS last longer than Norma for me. I have only used Starlines pistol brass and it was as good or better than other brass I tried.
Posted By: mart Re: Starline or Norma? - 05/20/19
I have only used Starline 32-20 and 45-70 brass as far as their rifle brass goes. Great stuff. I do use their pistol brass almost exclusively. I load for 11 handgun chamberings with Starline. I would expect their rifle brass to be every bit as good as their pistol brass. I've never been disappointed with the quality of their brass or the quality of their service. Both are excellent.
© 24hourcampfire