Home
Posted By: Wesley2 Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
Anybody know if there are any plans for Tikka to make a 6mm Creedmoor?

I’ve about convinced myself it’s the perfect whitetail round out to about 500 yards (as far as I care to shoot at one).
Posted By: Spartacus Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
A 6mm Creedmoor would be pretty sweet, as long as we get a fast twist in it.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
Do you really think a long-time rifle company like Tikka, which makes 6.5 Creedmoors, would bring out a 6mm Creedmoor with a 1-10 twist?
Posted By: Wesley2 Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Do you really think a long-time rifle company like Tikka, which makes 6.5 Creedmoors, would bring out a 6mm Creedmoor with a 1-10 twist?

I was thinking the same, but refrained from replying as my response wouldn’t have been as tactful as yours.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
Never seen one any slower than 1-8". My FC is 1-7", which should keep me abreast of bullet design, for a while at least.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
Very few rifle manufactures have jumped in chambering the 6MM Creedmoor which is sad as this new off shoot from the 6.5 Creed deserves to survive in the marketplace.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/09/19
Ruger has a bunch; Browning, Howa, and Barrett are the ones I know off the top of my head. The wheels grind slowly. The 6.5 took a while too.

Not to worry; I got mine! When (IF!) I ever downsize, that one is a strong contender to be the last one standing.
Posted By: Trystan Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/11/19
Originally Posted by Wesley2

I was thinking the same, but refrained from replying as my response wouldn’t have been as tactful as yours.

If it makes you feel any better I also suffer greatly in comparison to Mule Deer 😁

Trystan
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Tikka 6mm Creedmoor - 09/11/19

Well they did twist their 223 cleverly with a 1 in 8 “, but then hamstrung it with a magazine with a massive spacer block that won’t allow the better bullets to be used
© 24hourcampfire