Home
Posted By: andrews1958 A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...inchester-gorgeous-.cfm?gun_id=101350279
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Agreed.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Also agree!
Posted By: 222Rem Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
That’s a pretty rifle for sure, but it’s not a Creed.......
Posted By: hanco Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
I had a Cooper in 264 Win mag. It was beautiful, shot very well. I didn’t like the cheesy little safety and the magazine was loose when in the rifle. I think they are over priced. Just my opinion
Posted By: pete53 Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
i agree this rifle is very nice looking but over priced
Posted By: CRS Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Absolutely stunning, but you lost me at Cooper.... cool
Posted By: TimZ Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Considering the average stainless synthetic stocked custom that someone screws together for you on a Rem 700 action costs more than that, I think that is a very good price for that rifle...…...unfortunately have already spent all the Xmas money....
Posted By: Bill_N Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Originally Posted by TimZ
Considering the average stainless synthetic stocked custom that someone screws together for you on a Rem 700 action costs more than that, I think that is a very good price for that rifle...…...unfortunately have already spent all the Xmas money....

X2

I've had several Coopers. All have been fantastic shooters.
Posted By: utah708 Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Lots about that gun to like, but I think that bottom metal is ugliernhell.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
This rifle looks like a take off on a Griffin and Howe classic sporter. Absolutely beautiful wood. I have owned two Coopers, both shot very well. This rifle is destined to be a safe queen. Too pretty and too expensive to actually use!
Posted By: grumpy7904 Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/19/19
Beautiful wood but that rib and front sight ruin it for me
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/20/19
That's a beautiful rifle--but "too beautiful to hunt"?

I have hunted a lot with walnut-stocked rifles with far better than average pieces of wood. My experience is that really GOOD walnut (meaning lots of "figure") is far harder than the typical softer walnut found on the relatively inexpensive factory rifles still offered with walnut these days. This hardness (which most hunters have not experienced) makes them harder to damage, and the standard oil-based finish of such stocks also makes them easier to touch up, so they don't show the relatively small dings that appear.

Aside from my personal experience, have been to the O'Connor Hunting Heritage Center in Lewiston, Idaho several times, and not just seen but handled the custom rilfles of Jack and Eleanor O'Connor, all of which were hunted with considerably. Yes, they do have small marks of use (or honor) but not nearly as many as most of today's hunters "imagine." I would guess that part of this is due to another coat or two of oil-based finish, but it is always far less than hunters who've owned mediocre (in both wood and finish) factory walnut stocks can imagine.
Posted By: skeen Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/20/19
It is a beautiful rifle and I believe the price is very fair.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/20/19
Pretty, but don't know about the price. Wouldn't sell around here for anything like that. Guns are still just tools to most.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/20/19
They will hunt like anything else. It wouldn't hurt my feelers to hunt it. Its not a bad deal for that quality wood. Too bad I bought one of those Kimber Creedmore specials.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/20/19
I'd like to see what that stock looks like after 10 miles in a scabbard with a trusty mule toting it to elk camp. It looks like 7#'s 6 oz. to me as it sits.
Posted By: ipopum Re: A Beautiful Rifle - 12/20/19
I have owned and hunted cooper wood stocked rifles. Owners that don't want to hunt with the walnut stock can still hunt it by using a composite stock in the field.

I chose to hunt mine with the stock from cooper and had very little damage at the end of 10 years of use.
© 24hourcampfire