Home
Posted By: Orchemo "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/04/20
John's article has been a great reference for me over the years. Any update coming forth?

https://loaddata.com/articles/PDF/Handloads%20That%20Work.pdf

Cheers and wash them hands
Orchemo,

Am actually considering a book of rifle handloads that work. But first we have to publish GUN GACK III, which we're hoping to get out somewhere around September 1st.
Posted By: Elvis Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/04/20
A book of hunting handloads would be a good read.

Hurry up John! smile
Posted By: GreggH Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/04/20
Accepting preorders?😁

GreggH
Didn’t you have an updated “Loads that work” as well? I have two separate articles archived on my reloading bench. The latter with additional loads, etc. I need to go check the articles and ensure that it wasn’t jus senility on my part.
John, +1 on the pre-order.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Didn’t you have an updated “Loads that work” as well?

The article linked above appears to be the second version.
Any chance of an updated Hunting The Great Plains?
Posted By: TomM1 Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/04/20
x3 on the hunting hand-load book. Hardly any book material on universally friendly loads. Ken Waters book (collection of articles) is the only thing that comes to mind, but a bit dated considering new powder, mono bullets, etc. Also costly and hard to find.
Good to hear the positive comments on the handloads book! I'll let everybody know when we get into it enough to have an idea when the publication date might be. Might be next year, but Eileen has been working hard on a new game cookbook about soups and stews, which is already on the schedule for next year.
Kellywk,

Probably won't be updating Hunting The Great Plains. In fact, haven't even considered it, even though (as you now doubt know) there have been many changes in the hunting since I wrote HGTP--but the hard fact is that far more hunters are interested in books about hunting guns these days than the hunting itself!
I noted JB also had a loads that work in his Rifle Loony News a while back. Thought so much of it I printed it out and kept it with my reloading notes.
When I first found that article, I compared his loads to mine in the calibers that I loaded at that time and found them close or even identical. After that I referred to the article whenever I started loading a new cartridge. All loads worked really well.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Orchemo,

Am actually considering a book of rifle handloads that work. But first we have to publish GUN GACK III, which we're hoping to get out somewhere around September 1st.

Sign me up!
Yep. you can put me on the list for both Gack III and the Loading Manual to be Named at a Later Date (LMNLD).
I took two of your loads to the range today John (in steps, working up) Tac with the 200 TTSX in the .358 Win and Varget with the 250 NAB in the 9.3x62. Had a great day at the range.
Write on,
Rex
OK guys! I started a pre-publication list for RIFLE HANDLOADS THAT WORK.

But it won't be appearing before 2021, and maybe 2022....

Thanks,
John
OK guys! I started a pre-publication list for RIFLE HANDLOADS THAT WORK.

But it won't be appearing before 2021, and maybe 2022....

Thanks,
John

If I'm still livin' I want it! Need to borrow a test rifle for some updated loads?
Posted By: WVGuy Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/06/20
Sign me up for Loads that work and III.

Thanks.
Posted By: mart Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/06/20
Sign me up for Loads that Work and Gun Gack III.
Posted By: Odessa Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/06/20
Put me down for a copy of the new Handloads that Work book when ready.
Count me in for both, please John.
Posted By: C_ROY Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/06/20
I have JB's original and this 2nd edition article cut out of the magazines in sheet protectors. They are a reference for me. In the first "Loads that Work" the 48.0 of RL 22 with the 115 Partition in the 257 Rbts has been a "deadly" and accurate loading in my 700 Mtn Rifle.
Great article.
Count me in for the new”Loads That Work” may need it in bold type...
Gotcha.

We are tending to use larger "body sizes" of type on all our books, to make sure our mature (and wise) readers do not abandon us.
As one of your "mature" fans, I'd like to say I appreciate your books on hunting. E
Thanks! Now have three books on big game hunting stories and info, published in 1995, 2011 and 2017. One odd thing about hunting is the more you hunt, the more stories there are....
Posted By: GF1 Re: "Loads that work" from 2004 - 04/09/20
And the new shotgun book?
Ain't happening! Still have some copies of the original.....
...One odd thing about hunting is the more you hunt, the more stories there are....

That ain't odd. Just natural and pleasantly predictable (but I know what you mean). Like remember that year Jerry got those electric socks...or when Charlie went to take a dump and that big ol' bull stepped right out and...
Lord willing we will all keep on hunting as long as we're vertical, and keep those stories coming.

Cheers,
Rex
© 24hourcampfire