Home
Eileen has decided to extend the 15% off sale on all the books we've written, as well as subscriptions to RIFLE LOONY NEWS, through June 21st, Father's Day. Just type Sale, exactly like that, in the coupon on the site, or call 406-521-0273.

Also, Eileen started a recipe blog on R&R a few weeks ago. She posts a new recipe every week (or tries to, she missed one). Just click on BLOG at the top of the page, and a bunch of food photos will appear (mostly game but some dessert), along with a short description. Click on a photo and the recipe will appear.
She wants to thank those who ordered today, especially those who phoned. She always enjoys talking to folks like us.....
The feeling's mutual. She seems like a real treasure. I'm tempted to order one of her novels, provided there aren't too many "feelings" in them.
Pappy,

I read her your post, and she said tell him the book has a bonfire and a murder.
JB, it would be fantastic if Eileen joined the fire and hung out on the food forum. Hint
Murder's good. I can do murder. And everyone enjoys a nice bonfire.

Tell her I'll be calling.
Sakoluvr,

Eileen's been a Campfire member for a while, user name Leenie3freezers. She's been too busy with the website (which she created and runs) to post much, but says she's thinking about it!
Did not know this. Hope she becomes active again.
Hey, tried the “Sale” code but it shows as expired right now...

Looking forward to some good reading!
PreciousLiberty,

Sorry about that! Eileen set it to expire on May 31 way back when that seemed liked a reasonable duration, and forgot to reset it when she extended the sale.

She'll be resetting it sometime today but in the meantime, if you order she'll deduct the 15% at this end.
She fixed it to run through June 21st.
Received my order today. PDQ for Snail Mail.

My compliments to the staff on the excellent packing job. Wish some of the sellers on Amazon took that much care.

Waiting on the Murder and Bonfire book now.

Bump for a good sale.🔝
Thanks!

That's really quick delivery for media mail! Apparently USPS isn't as backed-up as it was a few weeks ago.

Will pass along your compliments to the packing "staff!" :-)
John, could you post a listing of what's available?
I thought I had missed out!
All the books by me and Eileen, with the exception of THE BIG BOOK OF BIG GAME HUNTING, which sold out during the sale. Also, subscriptions to RIFLE LOONY NEWS are also 15% off. Just type Sale, exactly like that, in the coupon space,

Or you can phone 406-521-0273.
Thanks, John.
John, the fact we have more of your books the Eileen's cookbooks is no slight to the quality of her work. It is a simple fact that my wife should be kept away from any and all recipes. A combination of substitution, not reading closely, relying on memory after scanning a recipe once and trying to make whatever recipe 'more healthy' leads to one disaster after another. The one time she followed a recipe exactly was equally disastrous because it was a salmon recipe for yuppies from Martha Stewart. Martha should have gotten another five years for that one. My wife's best friend and her husband came for dinner that night and swore roundly. Ward
Nothing wrong with a little substituting, as long as the right stuff gets substituted. (Apologies to Al Pacino)

We were out of vanilla the other day, so I blooped in a little dark rum instead.
Received my “Gun Gack II” book this past week and it was very well packaged. I’m pretty sure I’ve field dressed a deer faster than I could get the book out of the packaging. The intro chapter on remembering the basics is a good reminder to all loonies.

And it came with a bonus - a couple of jerky recipes I might try.
Nothing like a sharp hunting knife for opening packages from riflesandrecipes!

Yep, Eileen includes a few sample recipes in the brochure.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Eileen has decided to extend the 15% off sale on all the books we've written, as well as subscriptions to RIFLE LOONY NEWS, through June 21st, Father's Day. Just type Sale, exactly like that, in the coupon on the site, or call 406-521-0273.

Also, Eileen started a recipe blog on R&R a few weeks ago. She posts a new recipe every week (or tries to, she missed one). Just click on BLOG at the top of the page, and a bunch of food photos will appear (mostly game but some dessert), along with a short description. Click on a photo and the recipe will appear.

G-morning ...... Any idea the shipping cost to Canada for Gun Gack?
It's pretty pricey. When we first started the website it was around $6, but it's more like $20 now. Don't know why it increased so much, but it's probably due to security checks with stuff crossing the border.
Ok thanks. That's getting a bit expensive esp with the exchange.
Yeah. it is. Some of our Canadian readers get around it by getting together with other rifle loonies and hunters and ordering several, which can be shipped in the same package, reducing the cost per book. Several of the guys in western Canada, relatively near the U.S. border, rent a PO box in a U.S. border town and have our books (and other stuff) shipped there, driving across and checking the box every now and then. But I imagine that wouldn't be very feasible where you live....
Yeah. it is. Some of our Canadian readers get around it by getting together with other rifle loonies and hunters and ordering several, which can be shipped in the same package, reducing the cost per book. Several of the guys in western Canada, relatively near the U.S. border, rent a PO box in a U.S. border town and have our books (and other stuff) shipped there, driving across and checking the box every now and then. But I imagine that wouldn't be very feasible where you live....

I am only 1hr from Maine so that is another option except the border is closed to non-essential crossings. I may do that anyways and let it sit there till things straighten out.

Thanks
You're welcome! That sounds like a solution.
You're welcome! That sounds like a solution.

I talked to Eileen this aft. and ordered GG #1. She is the right person for phone sales. smile
I'm enjoying the Hell outa the ones I ordered. I turned the cookbook over to the China Doll for the time being. She's pretty impressed with what a stone cold killer Ms. Clarke is!
I passed the "stone cold" comment along to Eileen. She isn't as bloodthirsty as when she started hunting, but is pretty determined when the freezer still has some space to be filled.

Maybe 10 years ago, when I was writing regularly for GUNS magazine, one of my articles included a photo of Eileen with a Burchell's zebra she took in South Africa. One of the odd things about GUNS was that even though Elmer Keith was one of its early staff writers, quite a few of its readers not only don't hunt, but some apparently are anti-hunting! One guy wrote a letter to the editor, complaining about the "broad" who went to Africa and "poached" a zebra!

After that we joked about Eileen being a "poacher broad" now and then, but she likes stone-cold killer better....
I'm pretty old, but I abandoned the term "broad" long ago and far away. On the other hand, if there's some female I seriously want to annoy, I generally just call her "Toots", a guaranteed jaw-dropper.

In China, hunting is almost totally verbotten, and for a woman to be doing it just adds to the wonder for my wife. Have to say though that when I drag a deer home, as long as the guts are out, she pitches right in with skinning and butchering. Guts are still off the table though.
You're certainly a modern guy!

Have found quite a few women get into hunting because of the meat. Eileen sure did! She also loves to skin, and in fact once took a custom knife away from a well-known hunting writer, who was trying to cape/skin a whitetail buck he'd killed, but was ending up with too much meat on the hide, and too many holes in the cape. Unfortunately, she eventually developed an allergy to deer/elk/antelope hair, which can be controlled in the field with antihistamines, but is still too much to allow her to skin much anymore.
© 24hourcampfire