Home
Just wondering what scopes/reticle and powers you guys were running on this round assuming you are shooting 500+ yards?
4.5-18x LRHS (thanks clints, GregW, and Jordan). I really like it.
Tactical Barskas and Tascos
NF 3-10x42 SHV. Forceplex reticle, LW Talleys.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nightforce SHV 5-20×56 and Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 and Nightforce 3.5-15×56
I shoot a 260AI so I need a bit more scope, LRHS 4-18
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Good deal, JG. That scope is pretty easy to get along with. wink

My 6.5 Creedmoors currently wear SWFA SS 3-9x42, SS 6x, LRHS 3-12x, and XRSII 4.5-30x. Depends more on the rig, its intended application, and the distance capability that I use the rifle for, more than the chambering itself.
True Creedmoor snipers, one and all.
I won't say I'm a Creed lover, but have one. Meopta Optica6 Dicrotek BCD reticle 2.5X15. Great scope, but a bit on the porky side.

Leupold 2.5 Compact
Can't say I'm a 6.5 Creedmoor lover, but have owned several over the past decade, partly to see if it's reputation for "inherent accuracy," especially with factory ammo, is justified. So far I've used these scopes mounted on them:

3-15x42 Weaver Super Slam (one of my favorite "dialing" scopes--too bad it's not made anymore, but I have two so am OK.)
6x36 Leupold M8
6x42 SWFA
3-9x40 Burris C4 Plus (also discontinued, but dialed very consistently)
3-10x42 Nightforce SHV
4-16x50 Burris Eliminator III

All have worked fine within their limitations. My present 6.5 CM is a Bergara B-14 Ridge, but I haven't settled on one scope yet. Am getting finder of the Zeiss Conquest V4s, partly because of their zero-stop, and have two that might end up on it.
4.5-18x LRHS on da heavy one.

6x42 PMII on da light one.
I currently have a Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex on the one I have. It works fine for my purposes, which mostly center around hunting..
Since 2015 I’ve used 3 different scopes on my lightweight 6.5CM. First was a Leupold 6x36, then an NXS 2.5-10x42mm Compact, and now a Bushnell 3-12 LRHS.
WOW! I must have missed the memo!
When did Weaver discontinue their line of scopes AND buy out Bushnell, RCBS, Primos, Hoppes #9, & Butler Creek?
Went to check out Weaver Scopes (which I kind of like) and NO MAS! BUT found a new line of Bushnells there..... which I like too but......
Wouldn’t say I’m a creed lover, but have one.

I have a 4.5 x15 Leupold on mine.
On the "light" one (Tikka T3X SS) it's a Meopta MEOSTAR R1 4-12x40 mm and on the "heavy" one (Tikka T3X CTR SS) has a Zeiss V4 4-16X44 mm.
Very happy with both set ups.

Starched Cover
Originally Posted by SoTexCurdog
WOW! I must have missed the memo!
When did Weaver discontinue their line of scopes AND buy out Bushnell, RCBS, Primos, Hoppes #9, & Butler Creek?
Went to check out Weaver Scopes (which I kind of like) and NO MAS! BUT found a new line of Bushnells there..... which I like too but......

Not exactly. It's a little more complicated than that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vista_Outdoor
Tikka T3x Varmint, SWFA SS 12x42 mil/mil.

Tikka T3x stainless Lite, a (gasp) Leupold VX-II 3-9x40. So far, disaster has not struck. So far.

Also not a Creedmoor lover per se but I did notice the shift in planetary alignments when the Creedmoor was first introduced... wink
2 have 3 X 9 SWFA 1 has 6 X SWFA one has a Leupold 6 X 36 LRD
well just for fun i purchased a Ruger precision rifle look`s like a AR bolt type rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. i put a target scope on it 12x42 Nightforce i will see what this cartridge can do ,with my handloads off a bench. do i like a 6.5 Creedmoor ? not sure ? but i don`t need one to hunt with my 257 Weatherby mag. works just fine out to 600 yards.

Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 with Boone & Crocket reticle.
The Creed is OK, but I really like a 6.5-06. You have to load for it, no factory ammo, but a little bit more performance.
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Tactical Barskas and Tascos

Simmons too?
Canadian 6.5 Creedmoor Wannabe! See my other posts. I need a finish reamer before I fire my first shot!
Just did a 6.5-06 Ackley...

My creed has a 4.5x14, 1” tube, Leupold.. really like the size / weight of those scopes.. although I have had a couple that caused me to scratch my head...
Doesn't anybody like Vortex?
Originally Posted by SoTexCurdog
Just wondering what scopes/reticle and powers you guys were running on this round assuming you are shooting 500+ yards?

Bushnell 3-12 LRTSi on the hunting rig and 4.5-18 LRTSi on the match gun. Both have been great scopes, tracking perfectly and retaining zero reliably. They have really nice glass too, a great bonus.

John
Originally Posted by moosemike
Doesn't anybody like Vortex?

Sure, I've met some guys behind gun counters that like them..
I put a Weaver 6x38 on mine but I doubt I will shoot out to 400 metres. Most of my shots are well under 100m these days.
3 of mine have meoptas. 3-9x40 or 3.5-10x44

4th has a nightforce shv f1.
My Tikka T3x wears a 4.5-14x Burris. Shoots like a Tikka - very good.
My 6.5 Creed wears a Premier LT 3-15x50
Night force SHV 3-10x42

Burris Veracity 4-20-50

Athlon TAC 4-16x44
Nikon m tactical 3-12
I put a SWFA 3-9x42 HD on a Tikka T3X Superlite after I had barrel cut to 22 inches. I bought this set up mainly for the grand kids to use on moose, caribou and bears. I wanted all of us to learn to use the mil system at the range and eventually practice out to 600 yards. It seems like a good scope for the little cartridge and should allow good hits out to 300 yards if we do our part. I know the internet and TV boasts many long range kills with the 6.5 Creed, were not in that bunch and doubt we will ever have to shoot must past 200 yards.

Any way that 3-9 should allow for good shooting at the range and good shooting when hunting, it is a good compromise for our needs.
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I put a SWFA 3-9x42 HD on a Tikka T3X Superlite after I had barrel cut to 22 inches. I bought this set up mainly for the grand kids to use on moose, caribou and bears. I wanted all of us to learn to use the mil system at the range and eventually practice out to 600 yards. It seems like a good scope for the little cartridge and should allow good hits out to 300 yards if we do our part. I know the internet and TV boasts many long range kills with the 6.5 Creed, were not in that bunch and doubt we will ever have to shoot must past 200 yards.

Any way that 3-9 should allow for good shooting at the range and good shooting when hunting, it is a good compromise for our needs.

Don't see it as a compromise at all.
Mine wears a pair of those brass nuts you hang off your rear bumper.
6x36 Leupold with the LRD on my Kimber Montana. I just recently put one of the SWFA ultra lights on there and so far I like it.
I have a 6.5 CM Kimber Adirondack and it wears a VX3 2.5-8X36 Ger #4 CDS. I also have a Ruger 77 RSI .260 Rem that wears a Leupold 1.5-4 pig-plex. I have shot the Kimber (80 rounds Hornady 129 grain Superformance 2810fps) dialing all over the place to see how it tracks; and no problems. The pig-plex is sighted 1.5" high at 100yds has been shot 30 rounds; I don't expect any issues (also using 129gr Superformance it chronos at 2780 fps). Both are used to hunt in the mountains of Tucker County WV. Shots over 100 yards are rare. Groups are at an inch until the barrel gets hot which happens after 3 shots inside of 3 minutes.
I AM a fan of the little 6.5 CM...... it’s a comfortable cartridge that allows shooters to perform at they’re best....

Mine wears a Leupold 2.5x8 with an M1 elevation turret, but will have a SWFA 3x9 as soon as they become available again.
, Leupold VX6 HD B&C
Tikka 3x blued with ss Tikka rings 3x9x40 Bushnell Trophy wide angle BDC .It's not the lightweight model this one has a 8" twist 24" barrel. Shoots nice doesn't seem in the least to be limited by the 25 dollar scope either. Savage M12 FV with a 20 moa rail and a 4x16 Vortex Diamondback Tactical ffp scope, heavy but accurate. I don't have as much money into really nice scopes as others do but I get results that satisfy me. Sometime in what is left of my life I'd like to see what difference there really is in really expensive equipment and stuff that gets the job done. In real life I seem to be around and know more guys who been successfully using the same old outfit that isn't any to new or hi tech to kill ok sized bucks and fill their freezers every fall off of public access or from a knock on the door asking permission to hunt. I don't think I qualify as a Creed lover but they both shoot better than my 260 and aren't quite as sweet as my fwt m70 Swede. MB
Bushnell LRTSi in 3-12x with the G3 Mil reticle. It's the most complicated reticle I own, but with my 143gr ELD-X load and a 200yd zero, the hash marks every half Mil line up nicely for fairly quick aiming points at 350, 400, 450, and 500 yards. They are at least "killing close" without having to turn a turret and they are useful at any power with the FFP setup. I like the illumination also.
My Christiansen Arms Mesa 6.5 CM wears a VX6 2-12 with windplex, red dot reticle. For me it’s a good combo for hunting from 10 to 500 yds.
Leupold VX 3i 3.5-10 CDS ZL. Don't shoot over 600yds very often but it is a very easy to use dial and the zero lock puts me consistently back on my 200 zero.
I have a Night Force 3-10x SHV (Force plex) on my Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor. A great scope on a great rifle!
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Not sure I qualify as a 'lover. Wait, this is the Campfire. So this scope up here.
3-9x40 vx2 cds and am going to swap it out with a vx3 4.5-14x40 cds. Dial works good for me.
I guess I'm just not with it. A straight 6x FXII on one and a Nikon Monarch 2-7x on the other. Don't feel handicapped at all, and it keeps the weight down.
I mounted a VX3i 2.5-10x40 I bought earlier in the year that was just sitting in my safe.
My CA Mesa wears a VX-3i 3.5-10x40 with dial-a-distance knob in Talley one piece lightweights.
2-7x Leupold. My Creedmoor is set up for woods distance type hunting out to 200 yards max where I hunt. I have a 6.5/06 for my long range rig.
Not over a quarter mile or so, but I have a SWFA 2.5-10x32 on a Howa 1500, a SWFA 10x42 on a Remington 700 parts gun with a 26" varmint contour/weight barrel, a Leupold Mark AR Mod1 4-12x40 on a Vanguard2, a Vari-X Compact 3-9x33 on a Ruger Hawkeye, etc.
I have a Ruger MKII 6.5 CM med. heavy barrel Varmint/Target rifle that weighs in at 12lbs, and is much too heavy for hunting anything but paper, pd's or other game that would not require it to be carried too far. I have a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 scope mounted on the rifle. This is the most powerful scope I own and is an overkill for my needs. I probably could have mounted an SWFA SS fixed 10x42 scope (which I have on another rifle) and would have been just as happy.
"Creedmoor lover". Well, I don't know about that. Lets see what my creedmoors wear:

Nighforce, Nightforce, SWFA, Nightforce.

Nightforce

Burris. And yes, I've shot all of these past 500 yards. As per OP requirement..
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
4.5-18x LRHS on da heavy one.

6x42 PMII on da light one.

da heavy one now wears a Tangent Theta LRH 3-15x50 MIL.

da light one will likely wear the 6x42 PMII as long as I have it.

Nightforce 2.5-10x32
4.5x14 Leupold
© 24hourcampfire