Home
Posted By: swiftshot Big Bore Shoots - 03/07/24
Having shot in a couple of these events-The Safari Rifle challenge in Montana and the Hoot and Shoot near Houston, I've really enjoyed them.Are there other such shoots held that are almost as nice?
Posted By: lee440 Re: Big Bore Shoots - 04/25/24
Sure does not look like it . Both of those shoots were great, with the Libby MT. being outstanding. It's a shame there are no others.
Posted By: swiftshot Re: Big Bore Shoots - 04/26/24
Originally Posted by lee440
Sure does not look like it . Both of those shoots were great, with the Libby MT. being outstanding. It's a shame there are no others.

Let us hope there is another so we can shoot those charging jugs!

I always imagined the shoot always being around and even growing.
Posted By: RB1Shooter Re: Big Bore Shoots - 05/02/24
Gentlemen,

I suggest looking at the "Big Bore" BPCR Silhouette shoots. BPCR Silhouette shooting is a great team sport as well as extremely challenging for the shooter. Some up coming western matches include the Oregon Regional, Idaho State, Montana State, NRA Nationals, Montana Regionals: all have a minimum of 4 days of intense but very friendly competition.

Check-out the competition forums for details.
Posted By: Cascade Re: Big Bore Shoots - 05/08/24
Originally Posted by RB1Shooter
Gentlemen,

I suggest looking at the "Big Bore" BPCR Silhouette shoots. BPCR Silhouette shooting is a great team sport as well as extremely challenging for the shooter. Some up coming western matches include the Oregon Regional, Idaho State, Montana State, NRA Nationals, Montana Regionals: all have a minimum of 4 days of intense but very friendly competition.

Check-out the competition forums for details.

But - that's not at all what was being discussed. The Libby shoot was GREAT! Involved "safari" type rifles from 9.3x62 and 375 H&H and up, at modest range, often moving targets. A few guys with 45-70's were "grandfathered" in. Charge-stopping stuff. Incredibly fun and unique.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I was really disappointed to see the Libby shoot discontinued. Another could be set up, but it takes a lot of time, dedication, and some sort of shooting range...

Regards, Guy
© 24hourcampfire