Home
Posted By: palefty Another 375 - 06/07/11
Just picked this one up last week. Have a 3-9 elite on it for now until I have the extra funds for a 1.5-6 vx-III or something similar. I have to admit I kind of enjoy the fact these were only made for the lefties. Kind of a pay back for all those years of wanting certain guns but not being able to have them since they were not made left handed. Going to work a 260 grain accubond load first. My first big bore, its a bit of overkill for PA but figured I would pick one up for my future trip to Africa with my Twins. Although they are only 1 so it will be quite sometime in the future.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bluefish Re: Another 375 - 06/07/11
you may want to re-consider that recoil pad.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Another 375 - 06/07/11
375 Ruger I assume? If so ya done good.
Posted By: palefty Re: Another 375 - 06/07/11
Yes 375 ruger.

I know that it is going to hurt but I will be honest once I site it in I will most likely only shoot it from sticks or other field positions. If I don't like I will rethink it then. I hate changing factory configurations so I would mist likely look for another stock at that point.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Another 375 - 06/07/11
Until you get the Leupy, that 3x9 Elite probably won`t offer quite enough suitable eye relief. If you don`t want to change the recoil pad, then simply add on to it instead by getting yourself a Limbsaver slip on. Because my Alaskan with its Hogue stock has that cushy recoil pad, there was no need to add on or change it.

You`ll probably stretch your neck out a little more, but the Limbsaver will reduce the felt recoil and shoulder discomfort. A good trade-off imo.
Posted By: palefty Re: Another 375 - 06/07/11
I may look into that slip on pad. I was concerned about the eye relief but was surprised just how much it had. Looking at specs it has the same eye relief as the leupold. If it is not enough I will look for a full 4 inch eye relief scope.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Another 375 - 06/07/11
I've got an elite on a 338 win mag. Its enough but I have a conquest on my 375 ruger with 4" releif. Much better to shoot.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Another 375 - 06/08/11
+1 on a better recoil pad; I just don't like slip ons. I'd get a 1" Decelerator fitted to replace the factory pad.

And, BTW, the bolt handle is on the wrong side...

Otherwise...

DF
Posted By: sambo3006 Re: Another 375 - 06/08/11
Very nice! If memory serves, they only did a run of 100 of those lefties. Don't feel bad about being over gunned. I attempted to fill a doe tag last fall with my lefty 416 Rem Mag. Of course the deer didn't cooperate those days, oh well. grin
Posted By: AKHuck Re: Another 375 - 06/09/11
Super slick rifle! I'd say it'd do with a Decelerator with a custom fit for a few reasons, the Decelerator is a lot thicker and you might want to come to Alaska on a bear hunt! I wear a Pacmyer shooting pad under my shirt at the range. That with the Decelerator pad really tames the whole .375 experience down to an enjoyable level. My neck's kind of short so I like my stocks cut down. It makes for a quick handling rig even with a coat on.
Posted By: btoeps74 Re: Another 375 - 06/11/11
Nice gun. Makes me wish I was a lefty.
Posted By: saj Re: Another 375 - 06/16/11
Nice rig. You will like the 260 accubonds. I shot them in a 375 wthby at 2850 they work great on elk
Posted By: wwy Re: Another 375 - 06/16/11
Palefty, you will like the gun, at least I do. Mine wears a Monarch African series scope. Off the bench the stock pad isn't great but offhand or off of stick I don't mind the recoil. I think it is a pretty well thought out compact little rifle.
Posted By: dcd Re: Another 375 - 06/16/11
palefty, if u would, please advise me of your accubond load when u work it up and also which lupy u think most suitable for eye relief. just grabbed that lh sako off classifieds and upon reciept will start building the pkg. thanks dave. ps its headed to tioga in december
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Another 375 - 06/30/11
I have a 3-9 4200 on mine.....I like it just fine. Dang underrated scope.
© 24hourcampfire