Home
Posted By: Rolly CZ in 375 H & H - 07/27/12
I am starting to have a craving for a 375. I recently used the European stocked version and liked the gun pretty well. I am interested in any experience you have had with CZ such as customer service, group sizes, stock fit, control round feeding, ease of mounting scopes, suitability of the open sights, or anything else you want to comment about.
Rolly
Posted By: medicman Re: CZ in 375 H & H - 07/27/12
I have the Euro in 375 and bought rings to mount a scope. They remain off the rifle because the express sights work so well. I g
have cucled the action with inert shells to check for repeatability and to smooth up the action. It has functioned flawlessy but the action is now butter smooth. It is a heavy rifle but recoil is pretty tame. Accuracy is good with 270 gr Barnes and 270 gr and 300gr speer cup and core.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: CZ in 375 H & H - 07/28/12
I had two in 416 and liked the guns. One was the European and the other the American.

I vastly prefer the European stock model. It seems to come up to the open sights far better than the Very high comb American.

My only objection is the clubby feel of the CZ 550s in general.
Posted By: Heeler Re: CZ in 375 H & H - 07/28/12
I have the 'hogback' stock version. As others have stated, it's pretty heavy, but I don't pack it a long ways, and the recoil is pretty tame.

Mine will shoot a 3/4" group with factory Hornady 270gr Interlocks. Express sites worked good too before I mounted the scope. I'm using the Warne fixed rings and they have performed flawlessly.
Posted By: orion03 Re: CZ in 375 H & H - 07/29/12
I have the European version in 416 Rigby and love it. Shoots great and functions flawlessly. Only thing I don't like is how close the bolt handle rides to the stock.
© 24hourcampfire