Home
Posted By: crshelton A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
What is not to like?

[Linked Image]

A new custom made double rifle chambered in .405 WCF, LL Bean shooting shirt, 12 year old Irish whiskey and Cal Pappas’ new book, The Double Rifle Primer. Good Times! Also time to book another trip to Africa.

A detailed post will follow in a few days with more information.
Posted By: agazain Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
You must have been REAL good!
Posted By: ingwe Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
YOU SUCK!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
Boy, you been living right.

Congratulations.
Posted By: crshelton Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
Ingwe,
Things are not always as they seem. For instance, to keep the peace around the house and to help fund the double rifle, I have put these two safe queens on the sales block;

An unfired Miroku/Winchester Deluxe 1895 .405 WCF with nice engraving and high grade wood:
[Linked Image]
And this NIB Limited NRA Edition Colt King Cobra:
[Linked Image]

Posted By: southwind Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
Good lord man, I think she might like you a bit.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
CR, who made the double and what edition is that 405?
Posted By: ingwe Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
Originally Posted by crshelton
Ingwe,
Things are not always as they seem. For instance, to keep the peace around the house and to help fund the double rifle, I have put these two safe queens on the sales block;

An unfired Miroku/Winchester Deluxe 1895 .405 WCF with nice engraving and high grade wood:
[Linked Image]
And this NIB Limited NRA Edition Colt King Cobra:
[Linked Image]

jorge will probably want that '95 grin
Posted By: crshelton Re: A Hunters Christmas - 12/26/15
Jorge,
So far as I know, it is the same generation as my TD .405 and was part of the last batch made a few years ago.
If there is a way to look at it and be able to answer your question, with a serial number or other marking, tell me what to look for and I will do it.

I bought it from a Winchester collector on Leverguns.com that had too many guns and was thinning the herd. He told me it was unfired and I certainly have never even loaded it and the action has been worked only once since I received it( a friend who shall remain unnamed took a look at it, threw it to his shoulder, worked the lever and pulled the trigger) had it been loaded, we might have lost an eardrum.

It may have felt unloved sitting there in the safe watching lesser rifles being taken hunting. Anyhow, unless I want to start making my own breakfast, it has to go.
© 24hourcampfire