Home
Posted By: southwind Wally Johnsons Mod 70 375 FS - 01/29/16
I posted this in Winchester Collectors page as well but here is your chance to own a legend. Just open that wallet a little further.

Wally Johnsons 375 For Sale
BFaucett, where are you?
PT Barnum would be proud.
I guess that if you have the money and the desire, there's nothing wrong with buying a "storied" rifle for your collection. I would be interested to know how they arrived at the value on the listing. It's really not much of a museum piece...or a conversation piece, either, for that matter.
$400 shipping...Guess I'll look for another. :)Look's like Ol'Wally got stomped on by more than one Elephant.Wonder what Wally looked like.
I handled and looked over the rifle quite a bit at SCI last year and if it were for sale at any gun or pawn shop in the country without the the story it would be lucky to bring the shipping price !
Looks like Wally used the hell out of that rifle and then slid into home at the end of his career. 458 has it right.
I'd buy it for the shipping price.
To me whatever value is in it's storied past. Like Phil stated it would be hard pressed to bring the shipping cost without the history.

A rifle like this belongs in Cody or NRA's National sporting arm's museum or similar where the story can be told and shared in exhibit. Of course it's not mine to decide.
There was a story in American Rifleman a few months ago. I'm pretty sure I remembered reading that he dropped it in a lake, recovered it, and kept on using it.
Posted By: STS45 Re: Wally Johnsons Mod 70 375 FS - 02/13/16
$75,000!!??? Am I reading that right? Plus $400 shipping? WOW.
I've always said, an item is worth only as much as someone "else" is willing to pay.
Looking at the picture, it looks like the wrist had broken at some point, and was field repaired.

Neat history to it though.
Posted By: Rusky Re: Wally Johnsons Mod 70 375 FS - 02/15/16
I'd rather have a new Ruger in 375 Ruger for less than 10% of what they want for a worn out Winchester.
© 24hourcampfire