Home
Posted By: luv2safari Express-Lite - 09/10/17
One of our great members twisted my arm until I bought his sweet double rifle.

It's a Philipp Reeb clamshell sweetheart in 8X57J with a Voightlander SKOPAR in claw mounts from around 1914 or so.

Steve knew my "hot-button" and pushed it, and I'm walking on clouds now. It is so light and well balanced that any deficit I have in my shoulder is minimized. It handles like a fine 28ga quail/snipe SXS. It came complete with all accessories and original case, a rare find for sure.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Express-Lite - 09/10/17
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Texczech Re: Express-Lite - 09/10/17
That is beautiful! I wish I had it . Congrats
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Express-Lite - 09/10/17
A Spectacular rifle for sure
Posted By: fourbore Re: Express-Lite - 09/10/17
Nice would be an understatement. Its a little different look than I am usd to and I guess that was to hold down the weight. I like it. And the rings are not soldered to some oddball scope. Just in case you needed to replace the scope its an option.

Thank you for posting, I am going to go back and study the images again. Very nice!
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Express-Lite - 09/10/17
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
A Spectacular rifle for sure

THIS!
I can envision you in a hochsitz, wool hat on with a grouse feather tucked in the hatband, in the failing light of day, listening to the sounds of the feeding wildsow as they move towards you.

I am quite envious of you and that piece of art! grin

Ed
Originally Posted by fourbore
Nice would be an understatement. Its a little different look than I am usd to and I guess that was to hold down the weight. I like it. And the rings are not soldered to some oddball scope. Just in case you needed to replace the scope its an option.

Thank you for posting, I am going to go back and study the images again. Very nice!

I'm having my friendly FFL-machine shop owner make me a second set of claws for this and am mounting a 3X Leupold for my hunting with it. The old Voightlander still works fine, but it's high, and I don't want to damage it somehow, just keep it for fun shoots.

The little gun is extremely agile, and the light Leupold will keep it that way. Besides, it gives more excuses to shoot the gun, working up regulating loads with the scope installed.

This was a big stretch for me to purchase, and Steve gave me a fantastic price on it. It cost me two of my best drillings, but these don't fall out of trees at a guy's feet every day.

And, it was my 70th BD present to myself. I WON'T be taking any money with me, just toys to pass along to a certain young hunter.
Originally Posted by fourbore

Philipp Reeb was House Gunmaker for Crown Prince Frederick Wilhelm III, eldest son of Kaiser Wilhelm II if that will help your research.
Posted By: metricman Re: Express-Lite - 09/12/17
beautiful!
i am envious
here's to many years of enjoying it in good health
Posted By: akjeff Re: Express-Lite - 09/12/17
Fantastic rifle Bruce!

Jeff
Posted By: kingston Re: Express-Lite - 09/12/17
That's one incredible rifle!
Posted By: Zengela Re: Express-Lite - 09/12/17
Well, you may never get to go on an European driven hog hunt, but that rifle would be nice to take a few American hogs.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Express-Lite - 09/13/17
Wonderful rifle, perhaps the best type of double rifle for American use. Need to start saving my pennies.....
Posted By: doubletap Re: Express-Lite - 09/16/17
That is not just a rifle, it is a work of art.
Posted By: PS1080 Re: Express-Lite - 09/24/17
I'm looking forward to seeing this gun kill a whitetail in December. Bring extra ammo I want to shoot it bad!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Express-Lite - 09/25/17
Damn sweet L2S, you gotta bleed that thing ASAP, CONGRATULATIONS!
Posted By: McInnis Re: Express-Lite - 09/30/17
That's a stunning piece of art. Over 100 years old, and every screw is still mint. Just wow!
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Express-Lite - 09/30/17
WOW,
Beautiful piece luv2safari............. smile smile
Posted By: battue Re: Express-Lite - 10/05/17
Very nice. Old World Classic. Thanks for posting.
© 24hourcampfire