Home
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 12/05/17
Finally decided to let my Krieghoff return to Africa for a return trip for elephant or buff, even though it will be in another hunter's hands. It served me well on my bull elephant hunt, but as I don't plan to put it to the use it was intended, it's now available here.

I have a lot of reloading components for the 500 NE 3", as well.
Posted By: Rolly Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 12/05/17
Beautiful rifle. I hope it sells for you. It deserves a good home.
Posted By: BigPine Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/06/18
Did your double sell ?
I just lost a very close friend who had a beautiful Merkel 500 NE SXS that I need to help his wife sell .
Good pictures and details sell rifles.

Check classifieds for .204 M-700 PacNor.

Had two working it, sold quickly.

I know this is a different animal with a much narrower audience.

PM me if you wish.

DF
Just looked at the photos. Wood is really nice, nicer than the one my bud bought for $8K. Does Champlin now have it listed, or is this a photo of an earlier purchase from them?

I've read complaints about Merkel triggers, but the one I shot worked perfectly.

DF
Posted By: BIGEYES Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/15/18
Wildcatter264,
Your 500 has a beautiful butt stock. I have an itch for a DR; but the few Krieghoffs that I've handled did not fit me. Did you have your 500 custom stocked?
Posted By: Bugger Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/18/18
NICE
The stock is factory. I had the Limbsaver added. It fit me perfectly with open sights. in fact it fit so well it was responsible for a nice bull elephant on the move in Zim. It is very controllable if you're used to large bore rifles and extremely fast for a well placed second shot. Hated to part with it, but I intend to make my last ele safari with a bolt action 450 Rigby Rimless.
Posted By: postoak Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/21/18
Are you a big guy? 15 1/8 inch LOP is huge unless things work differently on a double.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/21/18
It seems that another inch of LOP is needed on a DR compared to a bolt rifle.
Originally Posted by Biebs
It seems that another inch of LOP is needed on a DR compared to a bolt rifle.

Agree that the added LOP balances a DR well and makes it livelier.
Posted By: BIGEYES Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/22/18
Thanks for the info about the stock
Posted By: Mckay Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 01/29/18
Agreed. I like about 1.25"-1.375" long LOP on a double as compared to a bolt. Remember your not trying to operate a bolt on the shoulder.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 02/26/18
Please check your PM's
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 05/22/18
Originally Posted by Mckay
Agreed. I like about 1.25"-1.375" long LOP on a double as compared to a bolt. Remember your not trying to operate a bolt on the shoulder.

And the 15 1/8" pull is from the front trigger. It will be 14 1/8 from the rear trigger.

Personally, the last thing I want on a heavy recoiling rifle is a too short stock!!
Posted By: hatari Re: Selling my 500 NE 3" SxS - 05/24/18
That is a work of art! I hope it brings great pleasure to the next owner that hunts with it.
It was hard deciding to sell my DR. I placed it on consignment with Champlin Arms and it sold. I hope this rifle finds its way back to Africa. It’s perfect for elephant and I owe my bull to that rapid 2nd shot.

I think I have one last tuskless hunt left and plan to use my 450 Rigby Ruger RSM rebored from 416 and reconfigured by RJ Renner.
If anyone is interested I have dies and quite a quantity of reloading components (cases, bullets) for the 500 NE 3" I would be willing to sell.
© 24hourcampfire