Home
Posted By: rg475 A-Square - 12/03/19
Finally picked up an A-Square rifle in .470 Capstick, been looking for one for a long time in a not so wildcat round. I'm just getting into reloading and this one seems to be and easy one to reload and brass is not a problem to find. I really like the stock and the way the rifle looks, probably a minority on that! But if there's ever been a tougher built hunting rifle I'd love to see it!
Posted By: Biebs Re: A-Square - 12/04/19
I also like the A-Square rifles. They're not much to look at, but shoot them side-by-side with another rifle in the same big caliber and that stock will start to make more sense.
Posted By: rg475 Re: A-Square - 12/05/19
I think there really cool looking myself, this one I have has really pretty wood so somebody must've opted for it when it was originally ordered. I would like to find some old sales ads or brochure's from back in the day. I have the A-Square reloading manual but that's it.
Posted By: eric1186 Re: A-Square - 12/05/19
Built on P-17(M1917) actions I believe...Very nice rifles...
Posted By: jorgeI Re: A-Square - 12/05/19
In my opinion they are very "club-like" stubby rifles, sort of the bolt version of Searcy doubles, but they do shoot well
Posted By: rg475 Re: A-Square - 12/06/19
I haven't shot mine yet, but I do like the way it feels. To me it feels better coming up to my shoulder than my old M77 Ruger .458 Winchester. And the action is a very slick P-17.
Posted By: Biebs Re: A-Square - 12/06/19
They did have an option for the Appearance Package, which provided for nicer wood, an ebony forend tip, and perhaps polished metalwork.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: A-Square - 12/06/19
Originally Posted by rg475
I haven't shot mine yet, but I do like the way it feels. To me it feels better coming up to my shoulder than my old M77 Ruger .458 Winchester. And the action is a very slick P-17.

There's no such thing as a "P-17". The A squares are built off of m1917 receivers. .....
© 24hourcampfire