Home
Posted By: Cowboybart 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/04/20
Of the 2 which will penetrate better at lower (2000 fps) vels?? I'm looking for penetration with mild expansion
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/04/20
They don't expand the same amount at any velocity in my experience--though retained weight is similar with the same diameter/weight bullets.

The Partition tends to open to a narrower width, due to only expanding (at most) back to the partition, where the jacket curls back over the rear base. The AccuBond tends to open wider, because the bonded jacket doesn't have a "stop," like the Partition--and the petals of the jacket tend to open wider. Thus the Partition tends to penetrate deeper.
Per Nosler literature they are both designed to expand down to 1800 fps
Posted By: ingwe Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/05/20
Partian...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/05/20
laugh
Cowboybart, I know you didn't ask, but a tough little customer you could push at 2000 fps and get what you're looking for in the Speer 235gr semi spritzer, already half rounded to help you get the expansion you're after, with even lower recoil too boot, back in the day they blew through EVERY deer or pig I ever hit with them, wouldn't hesitate a big black bear or timber elk either, iirc I was pushing them at an easy 2800 fps from a 375 H&H.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/05/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
laugh

You knew I had to do that....
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by gunner500
laugh

You knew I had to do that....

Also knew You'd happen by and see it too ; ]
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/06/20
Partian...

I believe that is actually spelled "Party-On."
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/06/20
Nah, it's one of those Yugo bullets, you know, Privi-Partian...
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/06/20
Of course!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/06/20
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Partian...

I believe that is actually spelled "Party-On."

Ohhhhh...my bad!
Posted By: EdM Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/07/20
I have shot two bull elk with a long gone Rem 700 KS Custom Shop rifle (crazy accurate) with the 260 gr Partition at ~25 yards and ~50 yards. Both dropped within yards of impact.
Posted By: DocEd Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/08/20
My Favorite Partian.
Originally Posted by DocEd
My Favorite Partian.

Imagine working up from an interstellar immigrant to being a teacher at Ridgemont High.
Posted By: 700xcr Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/08/20
I like Nosler 300gr. Accubond in my 375 Ruger.
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 01/28/20
I love auto correct spell check!! Is partian even a word??
I want a heavy bullet with mild expansion. This will be coming from an large AR platform 375 Raptor, and will be my "take the dogs out for a walk" gun. It will need to get a griz off of me.
Partian, must be the new Nosler bullet for 2020?
Maybe the Partian is the projectile launched by the Q36 Space Modulator....
I've never heard of this "partian", what is it? Maybe shot from a martian space gun?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 04/13/20
There are some Partions for sale in the Classifieds. Wonder if that's a slightly different model?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 04/18/20
I'm surprised at you, JB.

The Partians only work properly and achieve escape velocity if you've done a flux-capacitor retrofit. smirk
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 04/18/20
Thanks for reminding me! I'm getting old and forgetful....
Posted By: boognishsb Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 04/18/20
if low velocities, id go partition.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 04/22/20
Partian...

= “Part Martian”
Posted By: asheepdog Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 02/18/21
I would use partitions, they are very accurate in my Winchester.
Posted By: DBoston Re: 375 Partian or AccuBond - 02/22/21
Party-on

In an AR platform Leheigh has some interesting offerings. Need to look to see if any are for lower velocities or maybe you should give them a call.

Of the two you mentioned I think the Partian may actually be softer for initial expansion and as MD pointed out will give the deeper penetration but they are very close and the AccuBond may tear up more critter on it's way through. I am shooting 250-260 grain versions of all three and they all perform well. I have yet to find a bad bullet in 375 caliber. As some one mentioned the 235 Speer is darned good for the price and especially at the lower velocities bear worthy.
Originally Posted by DBoston
Party-on

In an AR platform Leheigh has some interesting offerings. Need to look to see if any are for lower velocities or maybe you should give them a call.

Of the two you mentioned I think the Partian may actually be softer for initial expansion and as MD pointed out will give the deeper penetration but they are very close and the AccuBond may tear up more critter on it's way through. I am shooting 250-260 grain versions of all three and they all perform well. I have yet to find a bad bullet in 375 caliber. As some one mentioned the 235 Speer is darned good for the price and especially at the lower velocities bear worthy.

Yeah, Gunner mentioned the 235. I would think the 200gr FN from sierra would even work for the op's application. No need for a partian or accubomb...
© 24hourcampfire