Home
Posted By: dukxdog First Double - 03/17/20
Just bought a Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4". Was looking for a 450 for awhile and this one came up. Weighs 10.5#. Says "Expressly made for Lyon & Lyon, Calcutta". I thought that was interesting.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Whelenman Re: First Double - 03/17/20
Nice!
Full, and modified 😁
Posted By: BIGEYES Re: First Double - 03/17/20
Congratulations, great looking rifle. If only it could talk.
Posted By: Biebs Re: First Double - 03/17/20
Bobby, nice piece...you can't get more traditional in rifle and caliber than that.
Posted By: Gies340 Re: First Double - 03/18/20
Is that a 500 yard leaf? I can barely shoot that far with 10x...cool double.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: First Double - 03/18/20
For your first double I can't imagine anything much more classic, rifle or cartridge. Well done, sir!!

I just finished thw work up of a load for a smallish bore German double. It is my third. They're addictive.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: First Double - 03/18/20
Very nice indeed! What is your regulation load and with what bullet? I've been loading that caliber for a while now, so if you need some loads, let me know.
Posted By: markopolo50 Re: First Double - 03/25/20
Dukxdog, great gun. I was fortunate enough to shoot a friends Krieghoff 375 flanged double before he went on a safari, my first exposure to a double. Your double looks great. Please let us know how it shoots, they are classics
Posted By: Slider1 Re: First Double - 04/03/20
The 450 is a Great round!!!
Posted By: mudhen Re: First Double - 04/03/20
Good snag!
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: First Double - 04/03/20
Very nice
Posted By: gunner500 Re: First Double - 04/05/20
Congratulations, would love to see the proof marks, reading the old Cordite, and bullet grain numbers is always something else very interesting to see about these wonderful classic double rifles.
© 24hourcampfire