Home
My daughter is making me cloud eggs for breakfast after church. Supper will be beer can chicken, home made mac and cheese (my son makes it fantastic), fresh picked beans from the garden (picked this morning) and home made lemon pie for desert ( my wife makes it on my birthday and fathers day).
Since both my daughters are up in NY and I'm in Fl., I'll probably be stickin' with the Nutrisystem. frown
Daughters made mine last night. All three are working on Sunday.

Chicken mole enchilada casserole, bacon wrapped jalapeños and salad (off picture). Dessert filled eclairs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Salad: Lettuce salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, and green onions.

Soup: Borscht.

Main: Filet mignons, baked potato with butter, and sour cream, fresh green beans.

Dessert: Whoopie Pies
We're having Rosemary Chicken Kababs. This is one of the simplest and tastiest recipes to make. The whole family loves it.

Rosemary Chicken Kababs
Originally Posted by gsganzer
We're having Rosemary Chicken Kababs. This is one of the simplest and tastiest recipes to make. The whole family loves it.

Rosemary Chicken Kababs

Those kabobs sound really good. I booked that.
Tonight, most all the family is here. Brisket, cheesy potatoes, Cole slaw, Dairy Queen ice cream cake.
Likely lefotvers,

or I get off my butt and grill some steaks in the heat tomorrow evening. Fortunately, the grill is in the afternoon shade.

Fat City...................you make me jealous somedays!
Posted By: sse Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/20/20

Rosemary Chicken Kababs

that looks good
Posted By: sse Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/20/20
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Chicken mole enchilada casserole, bacon wrapped jalapeños and salad (off picture). Dessert filled eclairs.

i'm sure you enjoyed that pops
I'm up to 10 preference points Geno. If I get drawn for one of those x zones in your area i'll drop off some good eats buddy. But you supply the beer.

Also forgot to mention daughters took and had my trucks washed and detailed this morning.

Also got a new big man outdoor camp chair and some jelly bellies buttered popcorn flavor.

Si Signor.

Originally Posted by sse

i'm sure you enjoyed that pops
Maybe elk heart with a grilled zucchini gratin. I don't know yet.
Gonna put a brisket on in the morning. Make some ahi sushi rolls and a tossed salad to go with.
Posted By: 805 Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/21/20
Gonna grill up some 3 week aged NY steaks and 3 racks of baby backs. Asparagus, jalapeño poppers, linguica, pork belly and a salad as sides.
Will try to post pics!
Originally Posted by sse

Rosemary Chicken Kababs

that looks good

Saw this about an hour ago. Changed gears for tonight. Kebabs going on in a few!
Originally Posted by 805
Gonna grill up some 3 week aged NY steaks and 3 racks of baby backs. Asparagus, jalapeño poppers, linguica, pork belly and a salad as sides.
Will try to post pics!

Hell yes! To all of it!
I just want sex. Forget the fancy food. Sandwich is just fine by me.
Posted By: sse Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/21/20
i guess making more kids is consistent with father's day
I'm up to 10 preference points Geno. If I get drawn for one of those x zones in your area i'll drop off some good eats buddy. But you supply the beer.

Also forgot to mention daughters took and had my trucks washed and detailed this morning.

Also got a new big man outdoor camp chair and some jelly bellies buttered popcorn flavor.

If I get you a beer or three, you'll be drinking alone. Unless I get some N/A beer or Root beer.

But you're welcome to stop by for a visit if I'm home. Go for X3A and I can scout out the back door for you. Set up the trail cam on my fence and see who's hanging around. Reminds me, I haven't seen our little bachelor herd in the yard yet this spring. Maybe I do need to get that camera out.

Them jelly bellies are the schizzle!

And new chair.............you a lucky lucky man!
Brisket.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As a person of........extra size.....I would appreciate details about the chair.
I’ve got two porcetas and a pastrami point cut rolling on the rotisserie as of 6:00 am. Let the neighbors wake to that!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by sse

Rosemary Chicken Kababs

that looks good

Saw this about an hour ago. Changed gears for tonight. Kebabs going on in a few!

How'd they come out?
Kids are taking me mission bbq for pastrami
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

As a person of........extra size.....I would appreciate details about the chair.

here i started a thread for ya
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I'm up to 10 preference points Geno. If I get drawn for one of those x zones in your area i'll drop off some good eats buddy. But you supply the beer.Also forgot to mention daughters took and had my trucks washed and detailed this morning. Also got a new big man outdoor camp chair and some jelly bellies buttered popcorn flavor.

Ozark Trail XXL Hazel Creek Chair. Its a big one alright. Got a little side table. Folds up fairly flat but it ain't light.
I told my girls that I want tuna on rye with bacon and tomato for lunch and a double bacon cheeseburger for dinner.

No help allowed by any adult. No recipes given. And it better be fugking good.

It's been a great morning. LOL.
Originally Posted by deflave
I told my girls that I want tuna on rye with bacon and tomato for lunch and a double bacon cheeseburger for dinner.

No help allowed by any adult. No recipes given. And it better be fugking good.

It's been a great morning. LOL.

Dang, you picky, aren't ya'.

I hope the girls do you proud and make that burger the way you like it.

Not sure what my wife is planning on today, so I may just get set to grill some steaks. Maybe some onions from the garden go on the grill too.

Geno

PS........the boy's not going up the tree for a coconut for your piña colada?
Gonna fry up some Flat head and taters this evening. Simple and tasty !
Here is my Cloud Egg from breakfast. VERY tasty!

[Linked Image]
Lunch was a hit.

They better not fugk up my dinner.

From the looks of that the kids have got it goin' on.

I think you'll do alright for dinner.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I'll be the judge of that.
Posted By: CWT Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/21/20
You always are!
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Here is my Cloud Egg from breakfast. VERY tasty!

[Linked Image]

That look gooooood!

Let them live another day.
Those girls need to run a diner with food like that.
Posted By: EdM Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/21/20
My three sons are in Texas while we are in Idaho so I made eight large meatballs and they are simmering in a pot of sauce.
Originally Posted by EdM
My three sons are in Texas while we are in Idaho so I made eight large meatballs and they are simmering in a pot of sauce.

My ultimate goal is to get them living somewhere else.

One down. Two to go.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Those girls need to run a diner with food like that.

I'd invest.

If it's profitable.

grilled chicken drummies and cous cous...the temp spiked near the end, so the chicken came out with some crispy on the outside...

Originally Posted by MadMooner
Gonna put a brisket on in the morning. Make some ahi sushi rolls and a tossed salad to go with.

Just wanted to update with a confirmation...

Spicy tuna rolls and smoked brisket are a killer combo.
Damn that look delicious. Haven't had cous cous in a coons age.

Originally Posted by sse

grilled chicken drummies and cous cous...the temp spiked near the end, so the chicken came out with some crispy on the outside...

Posted By: sse Re: Whatcha eating on Fathers Day? - 06/22/20
the number of ingredients in cous cous is crazy, but it is delicious

Well, Judge Travis,

how did dinner turn out?
My usual breakfast of sautéed onions and poblanos with 2 eggs broke over the top. For dinner, I smoked a batch of pork country ribs the other day and the last two went into smoked pork on sour dough roll sandwich's, homemade coleslaw with carrot and raisins and corn on the cob.
Originally Posted by sse

And what might your recipe be?

We buy the cous cous plain and add our own goodies, but I'm always looking for a good recipe.
Originally Posted by sse

We buy the cous cous plain and add our own goodies, but I'm always looking for a good recipe.

i consult the recipes on the bag, then found two other morrocan style on line, then combined the ingredients from each that I like the most. Some are much simpler, but i like the ones with a lot of flavors going on. I really like how the grain cooks in 5 minutes by itself in hot water. There's no wrong way, just make sure it isn't dry.

I always include the tumeric, cumin, cinnamon, smidgeon of ground allspice, few others. I prefer cranberries for the dried fruit. go for it
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by sse

i consult the recipes on the bag, then found two other morrocan style on line, then combined the ingredients from each that I like the most. Some are much simpler, but i like the ones with a lot of flavors going on. I really like how the grain cooks in 5 minutes by itself in hot water. There's no wrong way, just make sure it isn't dry.

I always include the tumeric, cumin, cinnamon, smidgeon of ground allspice, few others. I prefer cranberries for the dried fruit. go for it

Sounds a lot like what we've been doing for years. I was just wondering if you had a "special recipe" or "ancient family secret". We use it often exactly for the reason you mentioned. It cooks so quickly and if we're just tossing something together..............why wait for rice, eh?

If you like all those spices, or combinations similar, you might look for some Ras al Hanout, if you haven't already. It's a Moroccan spice blend, different companies versions taste slightly different. I think we got ours at a Safeway market. It's available from online vendors too. Makes for wonderful grilled chicken.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Thanks for sharing your ideas.

vice versa

Well, Judge Travis,

how did dinner turn out?

It was dynamite.

They done good.

But I suspect my wife helped. If I find out she did I'm going to make them cook again.
Dad and I went to a softball tournament with my 17 year old.

She told us she wanted to eat at a nice place and pay for it.
Well, it's covidplacatedm but we ended up at the diner here.
Pap and Dad had ribeye, salad, fries and stewed tomatoes.
She ate a salad. Picked up the tab, and finally concerted to allow me to tip.

Good meal.
I was proud,
She was tickled.
Dad called my sister as soon as he got home to tell all about it.

A great Fathers Day.!

Rosemary Chicken Kababs

I made that tonight and will be making it again!!
© 24hourcampfire