Home
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/27/20
We have a great big lobster tail to cook tonight.

It is 1.7 pounds.

Most of the videos on the internet show a seasoned tail with a lemon, butter, garlic and parseley baste while cooking.

Salt and pepper.....garlic and some olive oil on the tail at first.

Good option?

How do youse guys grill them? We are set on grilling it.

Got some scallops, mussels and clams too.

Tenderloin steak to round things out.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/27/20
I like lobster, not going pay up that much. Enjoy Big Jim.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/27/20
I use the dwell in the shell method. First use kitchen shears to cut the membrane off to expose the flesh. I leave it in the shell and run a wooden skewer the full length to keep it from curling. Grill it flesh side down for 2-3 minutes and turn over to shell side down. Baste liberally with seasoned garlic butter and cook for another 5-6 minutes. When finished I remove the skewer and use a good sharp chef knife to split the tail right down the middle. Serve with more garlic butter. Edited to add: You may need a bit longer with a tail that size just watch for the tail to go from translucent to white. Be careful not to over cook.

Mike
Posted By: sse Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/28/20
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
I use the dwell in the shell method. First use kitchen shears to cut the membrane off to expose the flesh. I leave it in the shell and run a wooden skewer the full length to keep it from curling. Grill it flesh side down for 2-3 minutes and turn over to shell side down. Baste liberally with seasoned garlic butter and cook for another 5-6 minutes. When finished I remove the skewer and use a good sharp chef knife to split the tail right down the middle. Serve with more garlic butter. Edited to add: You may need a bit longer with a tail that size just watch for the tail to go from translucent to white. Be careful not to over cook.

Mike

could you show him?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I like lobster, not going pay up that much. Enjoy Big Jim.

it's nice to drop a few bucks on something special once in a great while. was thinking of grilling some king crab legs, will cost a bundle, but i don't do it every day and won't forget it
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/28/20
We were in the Billings several months ago.

Big wholesale seafood outfit.

We can eat high quality fancy seafood at home with the kids for much less money than going to town.

Plus....the kids can tear around while they wait for their food.

Cant do that in town.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/28/20
sse, what a clumsy name, what does your mother call you?), if you want to talk high priced meals, the few Canadian walleyes, pickerel I can catch make that lobster look FREE!
there ya go, penny wise and pound foolish
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/28/20
There is more to the fishing , than just the eating. More to good friends than either.
Posted By: ribka Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/28/20
I used to grill lobster quite a bit when it was cheap and I lived on the east coast. I found if I boiled it for about a minute first, split the tail, shell on, brushed with some oil, salt pepper and then grill for about 4 to 5 min.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We have a great big lobster tail to cook tonight.

It is 1.7 pounds.

Most of the videos on the internet show a seasoned tail with a lemon, butter, garlic and parseley baste while cooking.

Salt and pepper.....garlic and some olive oil on the tail at first.

Good option?

How do youse guys grill them? We are set on grilling it.

Got some scallops, mussels and clams too.

Tenderloin steak to round things out.
Rock lobster?
For rock lobster, this looks good. You can skip the rub they're trying to sell in the video, and just use salt and paprika.

Posted By: Ella Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 06/28/20
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Mike

That is EXACTLY how we do it. GF made some the other night. Beats steaming any day. Definitely cooking times vary depending on size and temp of tail, heat of the coals, wind, etc. I like hot coals, a little char on the shell and flesh undercooked versus overcooked.

Posted By: woodyt372 Re: Grilled Lobster Tail - 07/06/20
Dam those really look good
© 24hourcampfire