Home
Posted By: wabigoon Fasting tonight - 07/07/20
Fasting tonight for a blood panel at eight in the morning.

Henceforth, and forthwith, by decree, any mention of food, or beverage is hereby strictly forboth under severe penalty laugh .
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Fasting tonight - 07/07/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fasting tonight - 07/07/20
I love the invented word "forboth"! It definitely should be real.

As an aside, hasn't he kicked for most of the teams in the NFL?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
I ain't alookin!!!!!!!!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Fasting tonight for a blood panel at eight in the morning.

Henceforth, and forthwith, by decree, any mention of food, or beverage is hereby strictly forboth under severe penalty laugh .

Did that a couple of weeks ago. They did say I could have black coffee.
James, I've been told black coffee is fine in the morning. I make, and take Thermos bottle with me, and drink some as soon as I'm back to my pickup after the draw. It sure smells good brewing!

By the time morning rolls around, it's such a short time till I can have coffee.
Posted By: sse Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
chicken beef pork bacon
blush So, I just got my appointment card off the fridge door, to give to the reception women at the office. OCTOBER, NOT JULY!! laugh

Pass the popcorn please!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Interesting though I've never had a blood panel where I had to skip dinner the night before. Always nothing after midnight.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
After the blood draw, I recommend dessert for breakfast. Specifically, stop by for a chunk of rhubarb cake!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is version #3. Double the rhubarb. Ima big fan.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Interesting though I've never had a blood panel where I had to skip dinner the night before. Always nothing after midnight.

Yes, if you had been fasting for more than 12 hours, and not instructed to do so, I would tell your MD that.
A friend has his in the afternoon, he can eat, and drink till midnight. He grumbles about the daytime fast.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20

Now that my health has turned to schit.....I have another blood test coming up. This week probably.

They just said no breakfast. Water and coffee was okay.
I care about your health Jim, want to tell me about your problems?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Still trying to figure it all out Richard.

They want more blood to see if the thyroid medication is doing its job. Will probably up the dosage I bet.

Maybe I will feel better after that.

Will get a cholesterol test this time....and my buddy wants me to get a prostate base line test.

My blood pressure is getting better.

Thanks for asking.
Good luck with it Jim. I'm thinking of the joke, This cowboy falls from his horse, and brakes his leg. The horse is very smart horse. The cowboy says to his horse, get the doctor. In a few long hours, the hors returns with the veterinary ..
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Good luck with it Jim. I'm thinking of the joke, This cowboy falls from his horse, and brakes his leg. The horse is very smart horse. The cowboy says to his horse, get the doctor. In a few long hours, the hors returns with the veterinary ..

Lone Ranger in trouble. Sheltered in a rock pile while surrounded by gang of outlaws. Many shots whining off the rocks. Supply of silver bullets getting low. Whispers in Silver's ear and sends him on his way. Silver returns with a dance hall floozy on his back. Lone Ranger shouts at Silver in a frustrated manner, "I SAID POSSE"!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Now that my health has turned to schit.....I have another blood test coming up. This week probably.

They just said no breakfast. Water and coffee was okay.

Damn Jim, sorry to hear that.

Exactly. If you look at the blood panel slip they give you to take when you get your blood drawn it will have a box, fasting nothing after 12am or something like that.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
I have my annual skin check tomorrow. Luckily, no fasting required. But I do have to do the Full Monty for a lovely 30-something doctor lady. She's so polite she never even chuckles.

The worst blood work is when they schedule you for noon or thereabouts. It means you either get up for breakfast at 2 am or you fast from dinnertime on. Neither is much fun. But it's better than colonoscopy prep!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Still trying to figure it all out Richard.

They want more blood to see if the thyroid medication is doing its job. Will probably up the dosage I bet.

Maybe I will feel better after that.

Will get a cholesterol test this time....and my buddy wants me to get a prostate base line test.

My blood pressure is getting better.

Thanks for asking.

Good on you looking out for yourself. You got four of the best damn reasons in the world to do so.

Been managing my thyroid levels since 1990 when I had it irradiated to cure Graves disease.
Early baseline PSA is important as long as you get it tested every year at least going forward
Posted By: EdM Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
My PA has me on a biannual full panel. No issues short of mild hypertension. I am due when I get back home in August.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
I do the same EdM. I'm sorting through the problems discovered by my last one as we speak.

well in j_con's case the vet may be the correct choice...? smirk
a good internist is a must...if you don't know what this means, and yer not on ignore, pm me
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by sse
.., and yer not on ignore, pm me

YAY !!!! I made the list.

Always thought he was a mite prissy.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Fasting tonight - 07/08/20
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by sse
.., and yer not on ignore, pm me

YAY !!!! I made the list.

Always thought he was a mite prissy.

Thanks for quoting him, Denny!