Home
Posted By: wabigoon Our first tomato! - 07/11/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Morewood Re: Our first tomato! - 07/12/20
Picked my first ripe tomato 3 weeks ago. What are you going to do with that potato peeler? Does that work on a tomato?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Our first tomato! - 07/12/20
Holy chit!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Our first tomato! - 07/12/20
That peeler was a handy measure of size for the tomato.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Our first tomato! - 07/13/20
I got lots of green ones !

Soon, hopefully.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Our first tomato! - 07/13/20
Paul, a BLT with city bread, good bacon, and for us, imported home tomatoes is great!
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20

Tomatoes just starting to ripen, have picked about a dozen so far. Super crop this year, posted some pics in Image Gallery.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20
Plants are now over 4 feet tall, lots of blooms and a bunch of tomatoes have set on, but have not even started turning white so tomato will be store bought til next week or so around here.
Okra will be kicking in about that same time.

Second batch of heirloom tomatoes are really starting to grow (seed company really goofed me up on this) and will be late producers for sure. Never had tomatoes planted this late so not real sure how this will pan out.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20
Got heaps of big fat green ones, hopefully ripen up soon !

Posted By: sse Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon

looks good
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20
It was good, Join up with me, an' Paul, you two cook, I'll do the dishes, and fish! laugh
Posted By: sse Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20
i really like the looks of that bread
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20
The "famous" Winnipeg Rye bread !
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Our first tomato! - 07/24/20

Your BLT looks good!

I've been getting ripe ones for about 3 weeks now. I just ate my 3rd BLT of the week. I like a nice wheat bread and lots of mayo.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Our first tomato! - 07/25/20
They're coming in here and we're enjoying the heck out of them!

Posted By: sse Re: Our first tomato! - 07/25/20
Originally Posted by Pugs

good job on the caprese
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: Our first tomato! - 07/25/20

Wife has made a bunch Caprese salads, but we've been using Roma tomatoes for it.

I filled another 5 gallon bucket of Roma tomatoes yesterday, I'll be making a BIG batch of sauce tomorrow with them.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Our first tomato! - 07/25/20
In theory 5-6 of the tomato plants I planted were Romas. In reality it appears that 2 of 6 were. Oh well.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Our first tomato! - 07/25/20
This morning, Judy said the volunteer tomatoes are taking the peas.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Our first tomato! - 07/25/20
In theory 5-6 of the tomato plants I planted were Romas. In reality it appears that 2 of 6 were. Oh well.

Pugs,

With your cooking ability and finesse, even red coloured rocks would turn out delicious....

Lynn
Posted By: hanco Re: Our first tomato! - 07/26/20
My tomatoes were over by July 10.
Posted By: Otter Re: Our first tomato! - 07/26/20
Planted 4 Roma tomato plants, 2 red bell pepper plants and 4 green bell pepper plants on Memorial Day. Abnormal production from them all from what I have been used to in the 18 years we have been here. We harvested the first green bell peppers about 3 weeks ago, made stuffed peppers. Biggest peppers I've ever grown, about 4" diameter and 5" tall and the plants are loaded. First Romas ripened two weeks ago and now they are in full swing. Picked about a dozen and a half the first week they started turning red, last week about 2 1/2 dozen and today went out and picked another 28. Another 36 or so will be turning in the next few days and still setting on more. Biggest Romas I have ever grown as well, many are about 2" dia and 3"+ long.

I've been eating 2 or 3 with at least one meal a day. Had BLTs tonight for supper . . . really like home grown tomatoes.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Our first tomato! - 07/26/20

Killer diller right there.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Our first tomato! - 07/26/20
Originally Posted by Otter
Planted 4 Roma tomato plants, 2 red bell pepper plants and 4 green bell pepper plants on Memorial Day. Abnormal production from them all from what I have been used to in the 18 years we have been here. We harvested the first green bell peppers about 3 weeks ago, made stuffed peppers. Biggest peppers I've ever grown, about 4" diameter and 5" tall and the plants are loaded. First Romas ripened two weeks ago and now they are in full swing. Picked about a dozen and a half the first week they started turning red, last week about 2 1/2 dozen and today went out and picked another 28. Another 36 or so will be turning in the next few days and still setting on more. Biggest Romas I have ever grown as well, many are about 2" dia and 3"+ long.

I've been eating 2 or 3 with at least one meal a day. Had BLTs tonight for supper . . . really like home grown tomatoes.

Sounds like a great year, Otter!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Our first tomato! - 07/27/20

Looking great Allen !!
© 24hourcampfire