Home
Posted By: wabigoon Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/09/20
Thank you!
Had BLT’s with home grown tomatoes tonight and was thinking the same, God bless the man who invented bacon.
Posted By: woodson Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/09/20
Most of the satisfaction of having my garden is having flavorful tomatoes for BLTs.
Life is worth living just for home grown tomatoes.
Posted By: super T Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/09/20
I feel sorry for those poor wretched souls who have never eaten a ripe tomato fresh from the garden. I think I just hijacked this thread.
Bacon next to cheese and ‘shroom omelette with homemade sourdough toast.

Didn’t suck!
We have lot's of ripe tomatoes, and I'm doing the coloscopy for Wednesday, no seeds till then, cry!

I might take a sliced matter in a ziplock bag, and eat it as soon as I can. laugh
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/10/20
Home grown tomatoes are so awesome that the great Guy Clark wrote a song about them! Love them.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/10/20
Had a BLT for breakfast Saturday, plus a slice of cheese, pickles, and a bit of onion. I could eat that daily for lunch and be happy.

My wife always questions the insanity of planting 50 tomato plants in the garden. I tell her its because I want to choose a perfect tomato for my BLT's. Now what to do with 100 quarts of canned tomatoes..

Damn stink bugs attacked me this year, never had a problem. They bite the skin and it puts a white 'bump' under the skin, all over. I've thrown out as many as I've picked. frown
Try a bacon , tomato, pimento cheese sammich. There is a store near me that sells them for lunch. They sell a truck load a week to. One store near me sells over 500 lbs of bacon a month ,biscuits and blt’s mostly and is owned by a non pork eating foreigner
Posted By: Judman Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/11/20
Thanks for the reminder just started a batch about 10 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Got er in the brine, smoke er up Sunday
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]img hosting
I absolutely hate tomatoes, but I love me some bacon!
I think it was GOD....
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/11/20
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Try a bacon , tomato, pimento cheese sammich. There is a store near me that sells them for lunch. They sell a truck load a week to. One store near me sells over 500 lbs of bacon a month ,biscuits and blt’s mostly and is owned by a non pork eating foreigner

Which store? I need to give that a try next time I'm on your side of the county. Thanks
Posted By: sse Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/11/20
Try a bacon , tomato, pimento cheese sammich.

this is a great idea, have several pimento cheese recipes, but have never made it, good reason to try it
Posted By: Scotty Re: Whoevever invented bacon-- - 08/13/20
Originally Posted by Hancock27
I think it was GOD....

I saw a tee shirt once that said something like Bacon is the proof that God loves me.
© 24hourcampfire