Home
One meal, not counting KP. me? Say six, or eight.
one time i handed out about 1200 chocolate chip cookies to Special Olympics athletes, helped grill 3 X that in hot dogs
300 or so.
We smoke a whole hog every spring. I think best turn out was 200+. I was told 4 kegs of beer got consumed.
I've helped my wife cook for big family doins.
Did a pork roast for 20+ a couple weeks ago.

The wife of the guy who’s farm we did it at is Ukrainian and she was stressed out because when they do a party, they supply all the food and booze. I told her that we were doing potluck and all she had to supply was paper plates and plastic knives and forks. She still stressed and bought a couple extra salads the day before.

The day of the roast I had it timed down to the minute. Everything came together perfectly. Once everyone was sitting down and eating I saw her literally chill right out and enjoy herself. The next day she said “Let’s do it again!”, so we’re going to plan one for next June again.
500+ Church fundraiser. Several years in a row.

Three of us were the Head chefs. I did all the TriTips.

Doesn't include the BBQ both at the three day Church Festival. That probably was several thousand over three days.
that's quite a fundraiser!
I’ve done a few fish fry fundraisers for over 400.
About 400 at a camp I worked for in the mid-1970s. We did virtually everything from scratch, including bread. You haven't lived until you've made 80 loaves of bread at one sitting.
those big functions are great fun, and a lot of work
Cooked 350 ribeyes 2 days in a row a couple years ago. No hair left on my arms after the first few hours. We cook for a couple hundred several times a year. Had a job for 800 people a couple months ago but Covid took that and the $10K that went with it.
2003 RAGBRAI (Registers annual great bike ride across Iowa) came thru our town, about 10,000 riders. Our Lions Club had a food booth.

I turned 72 lbs. of dry batter mix into pancakes. One person was mixing batter and filling the dispenser, I dropped the cakes one at a time on three grills, 36 per batch. Turn 36 and then put on trays for the servers. Drop, turn, tray, non-stop for 3 hours. That was a lot of panckes!

Other grills did 130 dozen eggs, I don't remember how much sausage and ham we served. We ran out of breakfast food by 9:30 am. A good fund-raiser!
Originally Posted by Remington40x
About 400 at a camp I worked for in the mid-1970s. We did virtually everything from scratch, including bread. You haven't lived until you've made 80 loaves of bread at one sitting.

Used to make 100 loaves................a minute.................but it was all mechanized.

Still, loading 20 pans, 5 loaves to a pan + the weight of the pan, a minute into the oven was quite the workout.

80 loaves from scratch, by hand, might be harder than what I had to do!

as far as feeding folks, pancake breakfasts with Scouts/Explorers to fund our backpacking trips probably few +/- 200 breakfasts?
1000 - 1200 ......one man show, been doing it since 2007 , got me a helper to toss around the brats, an dogs , the prep an cook of 32 butts I've posted on here before, flip 800 burgers ....and all the fixings ...I start the day before and then start at 830 the day of ...nothing left by 3pm!
I have to add, I grow hair from my watch down every year , cook it all off in one day in Aug , then regrow for next year!m
© 24hourcampfire