Home
The hamssbean folks kill it ...have u made one from scratch? That little flavor pkg real kicks it up ...
those multi-bean bags are great, sometimes i use the little flavor pack, also. hard to find lately, either original or store brand

i have some recipes using them as an ingredient, otherwise will add ham hocks or sausage...love it, meal in itself
I dont know what youse two are talking about.

Flavor pack? 15 bean?
Smoked ham hocks are killer in bean soups.

[Linked Image from ]

I've got some turkey bird, that I smoked and froze, just for something like that.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

[Linked Image from ]

Fancy!

We gots to gather all 15 on our own.....then add seasoning.
I have several jars of bean seasoning.

EdM sent me a jar....and Kaywoodie suggested the competing brand.

Schit o dear!
lard, pork lard in the background and it doesn't cost much.

[Linked Image from ]

Yup that's it ! Yum yum ! I add the leftover center of a holiday ham...but what spice s.....
Originally Posted by sse
those multi-bean bags are great, sometimes i use the little flavor pack, also. hard to find lately, either original or store brand

i have some recipes using them as an ingredient, otherwise will add ham hocks or sausage...love it, meal in itself

Stores are out around here...none to be had...I keep about ten pound of beans on hand ..but them hamms folks got her down pat !

[Linked Image from ]

Also good w kielbasa.
Originally Posted by ironbender

[Linked Image from ]

Also good w kielbasa.

i already said that
Yeah, but we naturally assume it was some kind of pretentious and expensive sausage that no one but the French Press crowd would like.
some kind of pretentious and expensive sausage

unknown
Originally Posted by sse
some kind of pretentious and expensive sausage

unknown

Where would one acquire such an item?
The sausage is at Costco made in TX. 15bucks
I buy their stuff. Local.

https://kiolbassa.com/
I usually always have to add celery, carrot, and onion as a soup base. Naturally some smoked pork of some kind goes a long way with bean soup. I think the pork fat ties in things nicely. Instapot really gets dried beans done quick, and it is super easy.
Originally Posted by Terryk
I usually always have to add celery, carrot, and onion as a soup base. Naturally some smoked pork of some kind goes a long way with bean soup. I think the pork fat ties in things nicely. Instapot really gets dried beans done quick, and it is super easy.

Same here.
Originally Posted by Terryk

I like to put in a pound of diced tasso.
I like to add rivels to bean soup. An old fashioned dumpling made with just flour, eggs and salt and pepper.
OT but i just saw a new beef barley recipe, plus i made 3 pints of stock yesterday...soup is on the way
© 24hourcampfire