Home
Posted By: sse just tried for the first time... - 01/21/21
a $5 Costco rotisserie chicken...dayum they nailed it
After a while you'll get tired of it. I've brought a few home that were still pink in the middle. I'm sure if you buy enough of them you'll find one like it sooner or later.
I have plenty of things to make and eat, which is fun, and don't intend to make a regular practice of buying them. But, I love chicken and this one was perfect. i have a few recipes in which cooked chicken is an ingredient, this will work well.

Had good luck with them for a long time, then I got one that was pink in the middle about a year ago.

Puked my guts up for two days.

Haven't had the courage to try another.

Virgil B.
well i can keep an eye out for that...meanwhile i'm eating it like a ravenous coyote
I have been known to tear off a leg quarter and eat it on the way home. Good stuff!!!!
So, how is the chicken different?
They spice it well but in general they just do so many of them that they've gotten it down perfectly - 99% of the time. It's one of their most effective loss leaders, like their deli hot dogs and stuff. They get you in for those, and know that you'll see at least one other something you'll discover you need.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So, how is the chicken different?

not different at all, just tastes like it should. the only unusual thing about it is the low price tag
unless you have a real deal, can't make it at home for 5 bucks
Originally Posted by sse
I have plenty of things to make and eat, which is fun, and don't intend to make a regular practice of buying them. But, I love chicken and this one was perfect. i have a few recipes in which cooked chicken is an ingredient, this will work well.

We use it for enchilada's, gumbo, Buffalo chicken dip, etc. They're a tasty time saver!
Damn good, leftovers make a hellava chicken salad..
Been buying the things for 20 years. At one point when all three kids were in high school and playing sports we'd go through three or four a week. Never had a pink one. Back when they were 3.99 it was a huge food savings for a larger family.

Only time I can beat that price is when whole chickens are less than buck a pound. That's if you don't include your time to prepare chicken and toss in oven.
Originally Posted by Judman
Damn good, leftovers make a hellava chicken salad..

^^^See this wabi? 🤣🤣
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by FatCity67

that's the ticket
I have been known to tear off a leg quarter and eat it on the way home.

welcome to the ravenous coyote club
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by FatCity67

that's the ticket

Everything in that picture is from Costco except the counter top.

Otherwise known as a "JimC conniption"
Can't beat them! Favorite way for the last 6 months has been saute thin sliced onion, 6 or 8 big garlic cloves, skin and seed and chop up 8 or 10 of our frozen roasted green chiles, can of drained tomatoes salt pepper and just a dash of cumin, I hate the stuff but Momma loves it. When everything is just reaching done toss in the shredded rotisserie chicken.
Fry up some corn tortillas, just past soft, just very light crisp, I hate em hard shelled, stuff in chicken mix and top with cheese and homemade salsa, damn near eat your fingers off!
Discerning value shoppers look for the roasted chicken with breasts pressing against the lid just like that chick washing the car in front of Cool Hand Luke's chain gang.

More bang for your 5 dollar chicken.
they aren't small chickens, that is for sure...gonna try a chicken casserole this weekend
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Can't beat them! Favorite way for the last 6 months has been saute thin sliced onion, 6 or 8 big garlic cloves, skin and seed and chop up 8 or 10 of our frozen roasted green chiles, can of drained tomatoes salt pepper and just a dash of cumin, I hate the stuff but Momma loves it. When everything is just reaching done toss in the shredded rotisserie chicken.
Fry up some corn tortillas, just past soft, just very light crisp, I hate em hard shelled, stuff in chicken mix and top with cheese and homemade salsa, damn near eat your fingers off!

checks all the boxes
think i'll get one at the local, crappy grocery store and see how it compares
If it's like our other stores, it don't compare.
Love them and buy a couple whenever we go to Costco. I like my chicken well cooked and I have gotten a few undercooked ones from Costco.
I'm now in the habit of throwing them in the microwave for about 5 minutes as soon as I get them home.
i saw in Walmart yesterday they sell 'em, too, they look good...8 bucks
Six bucks at our grocery. Easy and cheap, but honestly I prefer a fryer I bake myself. The skin on the “Oven Stuffers” is too tough.

Gotta check them all to be sure they’re well done.

Bake a fryer, then chunk it up and toss it into the InstaPot with a little celery, onion, and carrot and you’ve got the makings for great soup. Pour over rice or noodles. Either will get too soft in the pressure cooker.
We have never gotten a bad one at Costco. We get one every time we go to Costco. Between my wife and I we get 2 to 3 meals out of a chicken.
MSG.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
MSG.

yeah i always tell the waitress, 'make mine with extra msg, please'
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
MSG.

One can only hope.
The chinks gave that stuff a bad rep.
© 24hourcampfire