Home
Posted By: wabigoon Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
My daughter mentioned them the other day, one more thing to try! laugh

Every try them?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
They pair well with chicken salad.

And none of this put them in for 45 minutes thinking that is long enough to make them soft all the way through and then having to use a steak knife to cut them up, the way my wife tries to serve them. "Well they were soft on the outside."
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
Another trick question. Three pages into this, he’ll admit he’s been eating them since he was a boy. I’ll bet he sells Amway too.

I like them okay slathered with butter, salt, and pepper. Some are kinda stringy on the outside. Hard to find good ones at the store sometimes.
Yeah, forgot the slather them in butter part, like 1/3 of a stick for a plate sized potato. Plus some coarse salt sprinkled on top. I love pepper, many foods I'll make it black with pepper, but not my sweet potato.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
The wife eats them plain; breaks them in two and peels back the skin. It’s a common Chinese street food.
Posted By: fink65 Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
The need to have a few holes poked into them with a fork before baking and when they are done I like to put butter brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon on them. Great with a nice big Steak.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
Every once in awhile I'll want one. Has to be slathered with lots of butter and brown sugar. For the most part I have never understood the popularity of sweet potatoes.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
Gross.
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
I like them with just SPG and butter. You can keep them if you put brown sugar and marshmallows on it. YUCK!!!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My daughter mentioned them the other day, one more thing to try! laugh

Every try them?

Yes.
Posted By: sse Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
how do you do your sweet potatoes?

i prefer yams
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
I like them with just SPG and butter. You can keep them if you put brown sugar and marshmallows on it. YUCK!!!

Its a shame you'd even have to type that about brown sugar or marshmallows. Cinnamon as well.

The kind of person that would put that on a sweet potato would probably put salt on a watermelon. They have no shame.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/26/21
Have not eaten a baked sweet potato since last night for supper.
Baked sweet potato with just butter and NOTHING else.
None of the brown sugar, marshmallow stuff on them for me, THANKS.
Posted By: Bclark Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/27/21
Like said just butter. Sweet potato fries are good also.
^ this.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/27/21
Deep fried as french fries and cold beer.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/27/21
We eat them some times. They take about 2 hours to cook roasted.
I like to peel and slice them into thin rounds and fry them in a skillet in a little coconut oil. No seasoning at all. Makes them very sweet.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/27/21
Originally Posted by sse
how do you do your sweet potatoes?
i prefer yams

You are learning, my young padwa.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/28/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
We eat them some times. They take about 2 hours to cook roasted.
I like to peel and slice them into thin rounds and fry them in a skillet in a little coconut oil. No seasoning at all. Makes them very sweet.

We cook a bunch and freeze them in the skin, just throw them in a plastic freezer bag. They keep well like that.
We can get all we want, just ask the farmer if he cares after the mexicans go over the field. Most don't care.
Posted By: Rmhiter65 Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/28/21
It's nice actually, You need to try it so you can understand better.
Posted By: Limomaker Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/28/21
Before baking, cover the outside skin with some kind of oil. It seems to help them from drying out. Then just butter if anything. I like white ones instead of the reds. I guess are what some called yams. Mammaw often fried them but I new cared for them unless covered with squirrel gravy.
Posted By: deltakid Re: Baked sweet potatoes? - 01/28/21
Personally, do not care for sweet potatoes, but I do love baked yams. Peeled and mashed with butter - side made in heaven.
© 24hourcampfire