Home
Posted By: wabigoon Seafood sales during Lent? - 02/26/21
I'm a Methodist, but I sure like the seafood specials during lent.

Anyone else?
Posted By: fink65 Re: Seafood sales during Lent? - 02/26/21
I am just a confused Christian. Raised in a Catholic environment with a German Lutheran father and confirmed Methodist and then Confirmed in Lutheran Church as an adult.. I have been looking at the ads and deciding to wait till the shots are all done. Delivery and pick-up is a real racket in this area. Makes eating prohibitive. I can do better in a few weeks when I can buy and choose in person.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Seafood sales during Lent? - 02/26/21
Pierogie time.
I'm kinda Catholic, but the pope is a nut and church is corrupt like most. Do like the fish on Friday, and even old school tradition I do Wednesdays too.
Had cod skillet fried in olive oil, garlic, thyme, dill, and S+P, with a 1/2 lemon squeezed in at the end. Slapped in some jasmine rice to soak up the juice.
Paired with red tea + orange slice as a drink. Cool quick lunch with some citrus zing.
We tend to do fish Wednesdays and Fridays, but it’s not a hard and fast rule. Tonight will be sushi.

Slavyanka gets a dispensation from the priest to have meat through Lent because of her stomach problems. She can’t eat any beans or cabbage which most become more prevalent during Lent. But she will make bean borscht for me if I ask for it.
Plenty of Hispanics at the local burger joint today at lunch!
Posted By: sse Re: Seafood sales during Lent? - 02/27/21
just got back from our fish fry, grossed a couple grand
Daughter's 18th birthday party tonight, family over.
Smoked a couple butts, pot luck meal.

Not Catholic we eat what, when, and how we want.

Fish frys e everywhere here. Numerous restaurants do them
on Friday year round. During lent, every fire hall, lots of churchs...
do them.
© 24hourcampfire