Home
Posted By: TimberRunner Game burger grind - 05/22/21
I know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it.

What everyone's preferred meat:fat ratio for burger? Sausage?

I typically do 10% for burger, 30% for sausage.

Have another batch to do. Thinking about doing 20% fat for my burger.

Picked up some lamb the other day, was thinking about adding lamb fat to my grind. Anyone ever done that?
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: Game burger grind - 05/24/21
My routine is 2 parts venison to 1 part of the fattiest beef chuck roast I can find. Don't know exactly what the ration ends up. Find it to give the perfect texture and plenty of moisture and tastes like venison. I have had venison ground with just fat and it is fine as burgers or meatloaf. But don't like how much it breaks down in things like chili or tacos. Something about the beef really helps hold it together.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Game burger grind - 05/24/21
I do 80/20 for burger and sausage
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Game burger grind - 05/24/21
Farmer said he'd have the slaughter house put aside some kidney and heart fat next time he takes some to slaughter.

We love lamb, so am excited to try the fat in some elk or deer burger.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Game burger grind - 05/25/21
Up until this year I used 75/25 venison to pork butt . But this year I went with 100% venison for my grind. I generally don't make sausage out of venison but rather I use 100% pork butt for that. I use most of my venison grind for chili , cheese burgers , tacos and pasta sauces. I didnt know if that would workout with no addition fat added in but It is working out just fine. I will probably do the same next year. My venison is all eastern whitetail.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Game burger grind - 05/27/21
I worked up 4 deer hams yesterday and ground them. I added a 1 gallon ziplock bag of prime ribeye fat. Probably less than 10% fat in the mix. Cooked some last night for supper and it was very good.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Game burger grind - 05/27/21
We use beef fat with deer to. About 20% . We usually ad burger seasonig before grinding
Posted By: bucktail Re: Game burger grind - 05/29/21
I use 30 to 50 percent 73/27 burger.
© 24hourcampfire