Home
Posted By: kaywoodie Home made migas this morning - 09/12/21
All ya gotta do is fry up some cut up corn tortillas in bacon grease or lard first. However you want em. Crispy is good and add your eggs and scramble. I put shredded cheese of choice ( or whatever I have left in fridge) to the eggs. I also threw in a little ground bfast sausage as the tortillas fried. Top with your fav picante sauce. Very simple!!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Enjoy!
Good stuff Kaywoodie!

We go to Taos on occasion to visit family. Thereโ€™s a place down there that serves the best chilaquiles Ive ever had. Iโ€™d make a trip just for breakfast and skip the family! ๐Ÿ˜€
Reads tasty.

Prefer chilaquiles myself.
Posted By: EdM Re: Home made migas this morning - 09/13/21
I do similar but use chorizo along with diced jalapenos, onions and tomatoes.
My wife likes Migas/
Outta my wheelhouse.

Do miss eating Huevos Rancheros in the southwest.
Fried corn tortilla strips (or corn tortilla chips as a substitute). Sautรฉ some onions . Scramble eggs. Add chilli powder as the eggs are getting close to done and mix around. Add pickled Jalapenos along with some of the juice for moisture. Also, good to scrambled brisket in. Add back in tortilla strips or chips last so they don't get soggy. Taught to me by those who cook autentico.

There's a restaurant here in town that does this with brisket and calls the plate Beef Machacado. It is excellent.
© 24hourcampfire