Home
Posted By: wabigoon Leftover turkey? - 01/10/22
What's a good way to fix it?
Posted By: chris_c Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/10/22
Turkey commercial
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/10/22
I grind it using a coarse plate and make turkey salad the same as you'd make ham salad, to the mayo, sea salt, mustard and pickle relish I add some liquid smoke to taste. It's my favorite way to eat leftover turkey. Lacking a grinder you can dice the turkey, works great either way.
Posted By: mathman Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/10/22
You can drop those things into a food processor and pulse it a few times. My father made beef sandwich spread in a similar fashion from leftover roast.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/11/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What's a good way to fix it?

I like turkey sandwiches.
Posted By: longarm Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/11/22
Legs and thighs of wild birds always get this treatment now from me. It's damn good. Low simmer in large sauce pan with a chopped onion, etc until meat all falls easily from bones. Separate from bones and tendons. Fry this meat up with a bit of oil, cumin, chili powder, etc and make tacos. Bam! It's like the best carnitas you'll ever have
Posted By: CWT Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/11/22
soup, soup, a good turkey vegetable soup. Been doing that for 40 years with left over Thanksgiving and Christmas turkey. Of course we eat on it for several days sandwiches, and such but then it is soup.
Posted By: erich Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/11/22
Turkey pot pie, Turkey stew, just about any recipe that works with cooked chicken.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/11/22
Feed it to the dogs, I hate left over turkey..
Posted By: rem141r Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/12/22
when we have turkey i always make sure to have some pre-made pie crusts on hand. i take all the leftovers and make a potpie. turkey, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, everything and put them in the freezer. awesome and easy dinner.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/12/22
We freeze it. Ate the rest from thanksgiving last week.
In the crockpot all day on low with mushrooms and gravy.
Very good with mashed taters or over toast
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by longarm
Legs and thighs of wild birds always get this treatment now from me. It's damn good. Low simmer in large sauce pan with a chopped onion, etc until meat all falls easily from bones. Separate from bones and tendons. Fry this meat up with a bit of oil, cumin, chili powder, etc and make tacos. Bam! It's like the best carnitas you'll ever have

This
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/12/22
We enjoyed it creamed, on mashed potatoes.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/12/22

Leftover from when?
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/13/22
Mine always ends up in a sandwiches on my hunt the next week. When I was a kid mom would put it on top bread or stuffing with the leftover gravy and we ate it for lunches until it was gone.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by Hubert
Feed it to the dogs, I hate left over turkey..

I like leftover turkey but only so much, so I get that sentiment.

I make broth/stock from the carcass, and different leftover recipes. And dehydrate a bunch for the dog for treats. During the Thanksgiving and Christmas season I have plenty of dehydrated meat treats for the dog. The rest of the year, I have been making broth/stock to put in the freezer and the dog gets the meat pieces after I dehydrate them. Beats the hell out of commercial dog treats in my mind, and a fraction of the price.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Leftover turkey? - 01/16/22
My wife is making turkey noodle soup today
© 24hourcampfire