Home
Posted By: Dude270 Canned pork loin - 04/27/22
Do any of you guys can pork loin?

I'm thinking of canning a few next time they are on sale and wondered if anyone else did and how they used them?

I remember my grandmother using canned loin to make gravy and serving that with mashed potatoes or egg noodles but don't remember any other uses.
Posted By: ribka Re: Canned pork loin - 04/28/22
ive canned pulled pork and deer, elk, chili verde with wild boar

pretty much all canned meat similar consistency. all work well heated up over rice and taters

Why not?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Canned pork loin - 04/29/22
Originally Posted by Dude270
Do any of you guys can pork loin?

I'm thinking of canning a few next time they are on sale and wondered if anyone else did and how they used them?

I remember my grandmother using canned loin to make gravy and serving that with mashed potatoes or egg noodles but don't remember any other uses.

We do and use it same way. Can sausage balls too.
Used to can a lot of chunked venison. Use it for stroganoff, BBQ, soups etc.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Canned pork loin - 04/29/22
I can a good bit of deer meat. We can some sausage occasionally.

Just been thinking about caning some pork loin when it's on sale, seems like a good shelf stable food for a quick meal
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Canned pork loin - 04/29/22
We can it all the time. Cut it up in chunks about an inch by an inch, cook it for a while in a large pan of water, then put it in pint jars and pressure it. My wife does it, so I'm not sure how long each process is. I do know that it's one of my favorite meals.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Canned pork loin - 04/29/22
Originally Posted by JamesJr
We can it all the time. Cut it up in chunks about an inch by an inch, cook it for a while in a large pan of water, then put it in pint jars and pressure it. My wife does it, so I'm not sure how long each process is. I do know that it's one of my favorite meals.

How do you all serve it once it's canned?
Posted By: Scotty Re: Canned pork loin - 04/30/22
I can remember buying pork loins on sale before and canning them. Turned out real good.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Canned pork loin - 04/30/22
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by JamesJr

How do you all serve it once it's canned?

We heat it up in an iron skillet, my wife likes the gravy, I don't. It's as good a eating as it gets. I like it with mashed potatoes and biscuits.
© 24hourcampfire