Home
Posted By: Judman Cannin’ lids - 05/22/22
Get em now while they’re available. Bout screwed myself last year, got very hard to find, several chink made lids but they were garbage. Get to it. 👊🏻
Posted By: lazydrifter Re: Cannin’ lids - 05/23/22
Our local Walmart has had lots of jars. Wide mouth quarts, pints, and half pints. Lots of lids too. We just bought 20 more cases of jars and extra lids. I think this year will be tougher than last.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Cannin’ lids - 05/23/22
I don't think they'll be as hard to find this year, mostly because the past few years have seen panic buying, and first time canners. Many of the first timers found out that there is a lot of work to a garden and to putting that stuff up, and they quit doing it.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Cannin’ lids - 05/23/22
We found an Amazon chink lid last year that works okay, and have found several boxes of Ball lids at the walmarks this spring.

I noticed that dollar general is selling a chink lid this year instead of the golden harvest lids. Haven't bought any and don't plan on it if I can help it.
Posted By: pullit Re: Cannin’ lids - 05/23/22
I have been buying a couple of dozen every time I go to the store. Don't wait till July to start looking.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Cannin’ lids - 05/25/22
Originally Posted by auk1124
We found an Amazon chink lid last year that works okay, and have found several boxes of Ball lids at the walmarks this spring.

I noticed that dollar general is selling a chink lid this year instead of the golden harvest lids. Haven't bought any and don't plan on it if I can help it.

Local DG has the chinah made jars, but golden harvest lids and rings…
Posted By: Steve Re: Cannin’ lids - 05/28/22
Laid in a supply last year. Been picking up a few boxes when I see them at the store. Bought a couple boxes of tattlers. Haven't tried them out yet.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Cannin’ lids - 06/05/22
Even the china ones have worked fine for me
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cannin’ lids - 06/05/22
I've seen plenty.
© 24hourcampfire