Home
Posted By: DouginLa Dip for your fish fry - 06/01/22
If you like to dip your fish, you owe it to yourself to buy one bottle of Heinz Kranch dressing, it is ketchup and ranch dressing, I know it sounds weird, but it will be the best $3.00 you spend on food.
Posted By: jpex59 Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/01/22
I like remoulade. especially with fried catfish or on a po-boy sandwich
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/01/22
50:50 ratio of grape jelly and grey poupon heat to melt together. It does not suck!
Posted By: lynntelk Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/01/22
Pretty simple guy here. Onions, pickles chopped up with a little Miracle Whip and pickle juice. Just a little pop of Tony's added to the mixture and call it done.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/05/22
Malt vinegar or tartar sauce
Originally Posted by jpex59
I like remoulade. especially with fried catfish or on a po-boy sandwich
This. I like to mix up my own cocktail sauce from ketchup , horseradish and lemon juice as well but a remoulade is my favorite.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/06/22
Malt vinegar when I eat fish & chips. My freshwater fish are eaten with lemon juice.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/07/22
I sometimes make tartar sauce. Mayo, minced green and yellow onion,dill relish, coarse brown mustard, lemon juice, dash of hot sauce, and cream of tartar.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/07/22
Tartar Sauce if I have anything as a sauce.

I have started using Capers instead of pickles.

Sometimes both.
Posted By: pointer Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/17/22
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
50:50 ratio of grape jelly and grey poupon heat to melt together. It does not suck!
Sounds horrible. May have to give it a try next time I fry up some bluegills. Might be crazy enough to be awesome.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/18/22
Dukes mayo, chopped olives, sun dried tomatoes and dill pickles, salt, lots of black pepper, lemon juice, little vinegar, old bay.

Used to fish the Chesapeake religiously for rockfish, always used House Autry breading and a deep fryer. Heinz ketchup, horseradish and tobasco for a cocktail sauce.
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/18/22
So everyone is giving their recipes, and not one person will spend $2 to prove me wrong, pity, you don't know what you are missing from a simple squirt bottle.
Posted By: Judman Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/18/22
I’ll try it out Doug!! Just haven’t seen it yet
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/18/22
If fish needs dipped in a sauce it probably isn't fit to eat anyway.

My wife thinks she needs tartar sauce for crappie, walleye or cats.

If anything it's a big swig of suds for a wash down!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/19/22
I often go with a mix of Mayo and sriracha. Spicy as you like. Good Ol tartar is good too.

I’ll keep an eye out for the kranch.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/19/22
Not a tartar fan here. Worse condiment ever made in my book. Just doesn’t do a thing for me other than look like flem. If I dip any of my fish it’s usually bbq sauce of some sort with a kick. Like the mayo and sriracha and will give the ranch ketchup thing a try
Posted By: DouginLa Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/19/22
It is an orange sauce, if you buy it and honestly don't like it, PM me your address and I will reimburse you the money. Then you can throw it in the trash. That goes for anybody, EXCEPT the trolls and sockpuppets.
Posted By: Judman Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/19/22
Haha it’s good Doug, I’ll have momma throw some in her Amazon cart. I’ll report back 👊🏻
Posted By: Dude270 Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/19/22
I'm gonna get some next trip to the store. Sounds good on fish.

I'm not a big tarter sauce fan so I'm always on the lookout for something new to try
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Dip for your fish fry - 06/20/22
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Sounds horrible. May have to give it a try next time I fry up some bluegills. Might be crazy enough to be awesome.
It is good enough for the Double Musky, arguably the best restaurant in AK. They serve it with coconut salmon.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Dip for your fish fry - 07/29/22
Originally Posted by lynntelk
Pretty simple guy here. Onions, pickles chopped up with a little Miracle Whip and pickle juice. Just a little pop of Tony's added to the mixture and call it done.

Try it with shallots.
© 24hourcampfire