Home
Posted By: flintlocke spatula city? - 07/07/22
I was watching some cooking vids, several guys have a style of spatula made for grill racks. The spatula consists of what I would call fingers, 4 or 5 of them that go under the meat...between the rack rods, so you can get under the meat and pry it up off the grill rods when it sticks without tearing your tender burger or fish etc to shreds. I suppose I could take a regular spatula and a die grinder cutoff wheel and open up the end slots, but my wife just gets furious when I Rube Goldberg stuff like that. Save my marriage, please. Google/Ebay is no help.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: spatula city? - 07/07/22
Grill Grates?
Posted By: Higginez Re: spatula city? - 07/07/22
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: spatula city? - 07/07/22
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Hot clean grill and grease your food. Let it cook a minute or two before you try and move it.

End of problem.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Buzz kill
Posted By: xtriangle Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Rec Tec pellet smokers have what you need
Posted By: MadMooner Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Hah! If I want drama while grilling, I’ll start with whiskey and David Allen Coe. That usually devolves into something like driving my truck through the neighbors yard. Pants being optional.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Thanks Conrad, I found the website "Buzzkill Spatula.com"...just what I was looking for...and comes in a few bucks cheaper than Rec Tec.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
From what you described....I can't believe that the Grill Grates spatula wasn't what you wanted.
Posted By: Higginez Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
I love that the Grill Grate Spatula is "designed to make flipping even the biggest ribeye simple."

Flipping steaks - don't hurt yourself. LOL
Posted By: deflave Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
If you need leverage to pry your steak off a grill you shouldn't be anywhere near a grill.
Posted By: Teal Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Originally Posted by Higginez

I see you too are a man of culture.
Posted By: Higginez Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
I believe this is what you are after. They are made by Grill Grates.

https://www.grillgrate.com/accessories/

[Linked Image from thumbs4.imagebam.com]
Posted By: flintlocke Re: spatula city? - 07/08/22
Yeah, thanks guys, Conrad turned me onto that puppy last nite. 15 bucks from Scheels. I ground a whole quarter of beef last spring and didn't calculate the fat correctly, burger is so lean it's pretty crumbly.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: spatula city? - 07/12/22
Them are pan cake turners...
Posted By: atvalaska Re: spatula city? - 07/12/22
A spatula is to get mayo out of jar and on the bread...don't belive me ...go work in a place full of blind folks...if people don't know what's up...u will fine that a pan cake turner don't fit in the jar...come on u guys.....
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: spatula city? - 07/12/22
If it's sticking let it cook a little longer, it will release.
© 24hourcampfire